Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

If you could only have one....

nidahunter

type of bullet for all of your rifles, what would it be? Lets say you have a 7mm08 or 243, a 270 and a 300 or 338. If you could only choose one type of bullet (core lokt, nosler, barnes etc) what would it be? Lets ignore cost and bullet weight since it would be different for all calibers, just choose which one would be best for all applications, anything from antelope to elk. I would lean towards the Barnes triple shock, but I got bored at work and would like to hear others opinions.

Assuming accuracy is a non-issue...nosler products, tough call between partitions and accubonds. Would probably take the partitions though.

Probably a Partition as I've yet to have one not work. That said, I've not used the Accubond yet, but plan on giving them a try.

Trying to get all my stuff on the accubonds absolutly the best performance I've ever seen

I have decided a 180 grain bonded bullet in my .300 win mag. Partition so far but I will explore all copper alternatives for hunting in the Condor zone (no lead) of our fair state. (coming soon to a state near you)

Accubonds... Lots of quality bullets out there, but these have been working well for me over the last 8-9 years now. Big or small, close or far, they flat out perform every time.

If you are using the bullet for all game-tough and soft-it is a no brainer. It has to be a Partition for me. I have not used Accubonds and think they are probably in that category also. I also like Barnes real well, but they often do not perform as well on soft targets as heavy ones and can be problematic from one rifle to the next. They perform better at high velocities, also. There are also the North Forks that appear to be good bullets, but I have never tried them.

I do not think the thinner jackets fit here. The SSTs, Ballistic tips etc. just are not made to hold up well on thick bone and deep penetration. I really like the Hornady Interlocks and I put them somewhere between the real premiums and the SST-class of bullet as far as durability.

Long story short, I have to say that it has to be a premium bullet of some type for a do-it-all load.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back