Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

If I had A,,,,

Hunterman

,,,,,Half a brain,, this hunting season would be over...

Quick Draw and I went to the range yesterday, to check out my rifle to see if there was a good reason for missing two, not one but two bucks :mad:

Well I had two things I wanted to do...
1) check the zero with my shooting glasses on,,and
2) shoot with my regular glasses on,,

to prove to Quick Draw that her old man still knows what he's doing, and not zeroing with the wrong glasses...Just what kind of MORON did she think I was :mad: (telling me I was hunting with the wrong glasses)

Well to make a long story short,,,I did zero with my regular glasses, and not my shooting ones :eek: The first three shots with the shooting glasses on were 1/2 inch to the left at 25 yards :eek: Now that don't sound like much, but a 50 yards that is over 2 1/2 inches(I measured it..) that shocked the stuff out of me :eek: Without making any adjustments I shot with my regular everyday glasses on, and hit just a little low at 6:00, but dead on...

The resaults came down to,,,using my everyday glasses,,2 dead deer...Using the shooting glasses,, 2 misses
wedgie.gif
The shooting glasses will be on the gun rack( will use them only for matches) the rest of the year.

Sometimes a father should listen to his kids, before the alzheimers sets in too far :cool: ( I've already started the drooling :eek: )

Hunterman(Tony)

I'm glad we go it figured out too John...I was begining to think I was loosing the old shooting eye...

Hunterman(Tony)

LOL, kids know best ------just ask them.
You girls keep your dad in line he needs the help.
Go get em Tony.

Well all I can say is,,,,,The taste of crow ain't half bad,,,even when one has egg on his face
footinmouth.gif

By the way...Can someone tell when these kids got so damn smart :eek:

Hunterman(Tony)

Oh! I know! Pick me! I know! It was when all you parents made us go to school everyday...LOL See Dad I told you you were using the wrong glasses, actuelly it was just a possiblity. Now we can get some deer this year. :) :)
Quick Draw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back