Idaho's new deer Regs

Thats nice to know 10 bears, you want to add anything else? Breath deep, let it all out......

Like I said:
I would also like to find out how seasons are being decided in the rest of the state.
Does anybody know if the southern regions are still going to have the 10/5 opener for the regular deer tag, and how long is the season going to run? Are whitetail tags going to run 10/10 - 12/1 throughout the state (IDAHO not Nebraska, wouldn't want to confuse GATO)?

TheTone said:
Moosie asked me to start a new post for this so here goes.

What are everyones thoughts about the elimination of the clearwater deer tag, but replacement with a whitetail tag? Personally as a Clearwater region resident I hate it with a passion, no more muleys for me :MAD Seems to me the only people it even really affects are those of us who bought a clearwater tag in the first place, those living outside the clearwter region still can hunt whitetails and muleys on the same tag, but we can't. I really like how IDFG's polls showed people didn't want this and it was voted down last fall in commission, but this winter the commission went through with it anyways.
Here's some more panhandle "spewing". HERE whitetails can be hunted with a the regular deer tag from 10/10 - 12/1. Is that not so in the clearwater? How about other regions in IDAHO? A point I'd like to make is it affects us as well. We now have 22 days more deer hunting in some of our units then we did in the past. :) :)

10 bears its nice to see your confidence in thinking you know everything but I will point out in post #40 of yours theres at least 3 things you think, that are wrong possibly 4......if you can figure them out I may give you a prize of somesort. Do you like cherry or strawberry lollipops?

i drove up to orofino area to deer hunt, i even had Arizona plates on by hunting rig and was greeted with open arms... gotta love northern idaho

You don't even want to make a geuss for a lollipop? Tootsie roll?
Well since you won't geuss here you go:

#1 You quote "If you're refering to this statement posted by THE TONE, it is incorrect."
Answer...wrong.....I am referring to what marv b has quoted directly from F&G's website and what I have said in regards to the changes in the clearwater region. No ones talking about the changes in the panhandle region in this thread, your the only one if you have'nt been following the posts and no ones answered you, you have answered yourself though.

#2 You quote "The whitetail tag is good for any whitetail season in the state, and not just for the clearwater."
Answer...Possibly ....but we don't know for sure, there has'nt been any talk if this will affect the controlled whitetail hunts like in unit 23. So to make the broad statement that the whitetail tag is good statewide in any whitetail hunt, I have doubts it will be valid in a controlled hunt area untill I see what they print up.

#3 You quote "The clearwater tag is dead and gone, get over it"
Answer....wrong.... I am not complaining about the change it does'nt bother me one bit. The change is based on a decision which they are hoping to get better input from hunters because the way they have it now they can't decifer the info they gain from is it mule deer or whitetail. The change is going to allow them to better manage these areas based on information gained via hunters. I'm all for better management.

#4 You quote "You just keep thinking that the clearwater drives the hunting in the state though."
Answer....wrong....I have only said I did'nt see no lack of out of state hunters last fall when I hunted up there, have I never said the clearwater region is the hub of Idahos deer hunting.....

GatoMan said:
You don't even want to make a geuss for a lollipop? Tootsie roll?
Well since you won't geuss here you go:

#1 You quote "If you're refering to this statement posted by THE TONE, it is incorrect."
Answer...wrong.....I am referring to what marv b has quoted directly from F&G's website and what I have said in regards to the changes in the clearwater region. No ones talking about the changes in the panhandle region in this thread, your the only one if you have'nt been following the posts and no ones answered you, you have answered yourself though.What part of "If you were refering to" was too difficult for you to comprehend? I had my questions answered by the f&g at the breakfast. I still don't know where you get your answers.

#2 You quote "The whitetail tag is good for any whitetail season in the state, and not just for the clearwater."
Answer...Possibly ....but we don't know for sure, there has'nt been any talk if this will affect the controlled whitetail hunts like in unit 23. So to make the broad statement that the whitetail tag is good statewide in any whitetail hunt, I have doubts it will be valid in a controlled hunt area untill I see what they print up. The whitetail deer tag will be good for any general whitetail hunt/season open in the state. I have never seen a general tag valid for a controlled hunt so far (again I got my information from the f&g). Why would you expect that to change now?

#3 You quote "The clearwater tag is dead and gone, get over it"
Answer....wrong.... I am not complaining about the change it does'nt bother me one bit. The change is based on a decision which they are hoping to get better input from hunters because the way they have it now they can't decifer the info they gain from is it mule deer or whitetail. The change is going to allow them to better manage these areas based on information gained via hunters. I'm all for better management. Probably could have gotten the same information from adding one or two more question to the mandatory harvest report form.

#4 You quote "You just keep thinking that the clearwater drives the hunting in the state though."
Answer....wrong....I have only said I did'nt see no lack of out of state hunters last fall when I hunted up there, have I never said the clearwater region is the hub of Idahos deer hunting.....Yet you imply that deer hunting anywhere else in Idaho is irrelevant=foreign. This thread is about the new deer tags system in IDAHO, accept it.
Keep posting.

Gato,

Arguing with a 3rd grader will just make you want to play tetherball at recess... It ain't worth the time trying to educate the uneducatable....

YRH- High Schoolers play tetherball as well! Haven't you seen Napoleon Dynamite??? If not, you should! :D

Don't worry IT, you can still by a second nonresident tag so you can hunt the regular deer hunts and the whitetail deer hunts.

I'll leave this thread when: 1. MOOSIE tells me to go, or 2. When someone can explain how the new deer seasons in the panhandle or any other region of idaho, other then the clearwater, don't fall under "Idaho's new deer Regs".

I qualify most of the comments from GATO, IT, and the Closet Queen as those based purely in ENVY. Be it season length or ATV envy who knows... :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back