Idaho wolves

The season is already pretty liberal. Most of the zones with limits aren't very close to filling. My observations seem to be that few people are actually out putting in much effort to wolf hunt and most harvest is probably incidental to elk or deer hunting in the fall.

I guess if hunters won't put forth the time they will have to go with that kind of a plan.

I wish I lived out there I would let the Howa shake some hands. :D

IDF&G kills wolves every year, usually from helicopters. IDF&G thinks it can save money by allowing some trappers do its dirty work. Good idea, they can put the savings into something else.

To bad we will never use poison again. It would sure save us some money.

And kill a bunch of non target animals no doubt. Poison is a bad idea.

I think what we're really seeing is that lots of those that claimed they were going to "kill them all" when they got a chance are having a hard time filling a tag from the front seat of a pickup, a four wheeler seat, couch at home or bar stool.

The last two years the wolves were afraid of nothing, now they have wised up. No more seeing them standing along the road, They come through the valley at night.,killing,howling and leaving tracks. I hunted hard this last year for elk and deer and never seen a single wolf. I have hunted wolves for two months now,checking out sightings,running down tracks with my horses and calling deep in the back country,all I can come up with is tracks ,they are out there and in increasing numbers. Very frustrating hunting. The zone I hunt has a 40 wolf quota,only four have been killed,last year at this time arouund 26 were taken. Sightings, tracks and F&G counts show numbers increasing each year. Dang hard to get in your sights.Maybe this weekend things will change..

And kill a bunch of non target animals no doubt. Poison is a bad idea.

I think what we're really seeing is that lots of those that claimed they were going to "kill them all" when they got a chance are having a hard time filling a tag from the front seat of a pickup, a four wheeler seat, couch at home or bar stool.
You can work really hard and not even see one. I've actually seen more from the highway but that's just me. But killing one, now that's a different story.

You can work really hard. But killing one, now that's a different story.

I think a lot of people have found this to be very very true. Sad thing is - these suckers are not dumb, and it will get even harder and harder as time goes on.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jscrocca
Back