Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Idaho Unit 55 California Bighorn

huntid73

Hello everyone, I am looking at starting to put in for bighorn here in my home state of Idaho. I was intrigued when I saw a hunt in Unit 55 for California bighorns. I am wondering if anyone has hunted here or if anyone has seen sheep in this area? I would think of hunting high toward Independence Lakes in or around Pomerelle, but lower by City of the Rocks looks promising too. Any info would be great.

Thank you that map is pretty helpful. Going to dig deep on the fish and game website as well, I just know that a lot of times hunters see more than the biologists!

I will have to check that out. I have other units I am starting to do research on as well, but that unit 55 is closer to home, so I have better opportunities to really get a feel for that unit.

That herd is small, and live in a very particular area near Albion, IIRC. If you get the tag, the biologist will tell you very detailed info on where they are.

If you get the tag let me know. I have lion/deer hunted the area for 30 plus years and know the area and where the sheep like to be. I also have pics of previous years killed rams that i helped with. Not the best scoring rams...they get age but for whatever reason dont score well

Back