Idaho REVERSES draw results

That really sucks. I know it won’t make you feel any better but this happened in South Dakota awhile ago too. Just letting you know others have shared that misery.

Myself and three sons were part of this. When I checked the draw results I knew something was wrong. Moved on and got over it.

It’s on huntin fool’s Instagram.
He’s the idiot. iDFG would break state law to issue the tags.

The draw worked fine when IDFG ran it. However, conspiracy theorist thought without evidence that IDFG was skimming tags to IDFG commissioners. Solution - third party licensing vendor at an expensive price. Who messed up the draw, third party licensing system created by the legislature.

The old system worked fine before certain legislators thought they could manage wildlife better than IDFG.

Isn’t Idaho using the Nevada licensing system used by Utah and Nevada too?
No. Nevada uses Kalkomey. Idaho uses some other firm. Utah uses a different firm.

A simple audit of the result would have prevented that problem. I am at a loss of how you don't have an audit of the results to make sure they comply with statute.

If I was on the ID Commission or in senior management, I would fire this outfit and I would fire the person who oversees the draw. This is unacceptable in today's world. That is so simple to prevent, if you gave me 100 guesses what mistake could have happened with their draw, this would not have been in my first 100 guesses.

@Wildabeast is correct. These state agencies go with the lowest bid. Lowest bid isn't always lowest long-term cost, yet is almost always lowest performance.

Nevada has shared with me and on other podcasts the benefits of their use of the Kalkomey system, which is really an intense customer management system. If other states would talk to Nevada and the huge revenue increases they have realized by having a true customer (business term) management system, Kalkomey would be the vendor of choice for every state's drawing and licensing system.

Sorry this happened to anyone. I suspect the state has no choice but to comply with state statute. Just a very bad deal for those who got the bad news.

They should just be happy they didn’t get a dick pic and a bunch of random bad English swear words. Instead they got a sincere apology, that is a lot more than a gov agency is required to do.

No. Nevada uses Kalkomey. Idaho uses some other firm. Utah uses a different firm.

A simple audit of the result would have prevented that problem. I am at a loss of how you don't have an audit of the results to make sure they comply with statute.

If I was on the ID Commission or in senior management, I would fire this outfit and I would fire the person who oversees the draw. This is unacceptable in today's world. That is so simple to prevent, if you gave me 100 guesses what mistake could have happened with their draw, this would not have been in my first 100 guesses.

@Wildabeast is correct. These state agencies go with the lowest bid. Lowest bid isn't always lowest long-term cost, yet is almost always lowest performance.

Nevada has shared with me and on other podcasts the benefits of their use of the Kalkomey system, which is really an intense customer management system. If other states would talk to Nevada and the huge revenue increases they have realized by having a true customer (business term) management system, Kalkomey would be the vendor of choice for every state's drawing and licensing system.

Sorry this happened to anyone. I suspect the state has no choice but to comply with state statute. Just a very bad deal for those who got the bad news.
The Nevada/Kalkomey system is far and away the most professional user friendly system I’ve seen. I don’t understand why other states try to reinvent the wheel. Simple best practices, just copy what Nevada is doing.

Who is in charge of quality control at IDFG?
I just received this email. It's not for super tag applications (there is no sheep super tag in Idaho), it's for the bighorn sheep raffle.
It seems the person creating these messages has no idea what they actually offer.

WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY CONFUSION CAUSED TO MOOSE, GOAT AND BIGHORN SHEEP APPLICANTS WHO SUCCESSFULLY DREW A 2021 TAG. THE BELOW EMAIL IS IN INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN IDAHO'S SUPER HUNT DRAWING.

idaho fish and game - idaho hunting news

WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY CONFUSION CAUSED TO MOOSE, GOAT AND BIGHORN SHEEP APPLICANTS WHO SUCCESSFULLY DREW A 2021 TAG. THE BELOW EMAIL IS IN INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN IDAHO'S SUPER HUNT DRAWING.

Dear Controlled Hunt Applicant,​

Thank you for applying for a past moose/sheep/goat controlled hunt tag. The Idaho Department of Fish and Game and the Idaho Wild Sheep Foundation are offering you another chance to hunt bighorn sheep in Idaho — the 2021 Idaho Bighorn Sheep Lottery Tag!
Monies generated by this bighorn sheep tag are dedicated to wildlife disease research. With your help, progress can be made in conquering devastating diseases that affect bighorn sheep. As a result, we will succeed in increasing the bighorn population within Idaho and throughout the west.
Thank you,
Idaho Wild Sheep Foundation
208-345-6171
www.idahowildsheep.org

I got this same email, and you are right the super hunt does not have sheep in it. I read it as the drawing is just for a sheep tag. 1-ticket for $20 is not the price on the super hunts. They are $6 for each ticket or $20 for a super hunt combo.

While I think the instagram huntintool guy came off as a total d***he and a person should not be given a tag the following year since they didn’t actually draw a tag, it’s a pretty crappy situation. Most of us will never draw any sheep tag in our lifetime, so putting myself in their shoes, I’m sure I’d feel sick and pretty angry for a while. “Oh you didn’t actually draw a sheep tag. Get over it bro. It’s no big deal. “ You have to get over it but I can’t imagine how much that feeling would suck.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back