Caribou Gear

Idaho REVERSES draw results

Just heard about this. I’d imagine this will end with these guys getting sheep tags, but maybe next season. Huntin fool has a client that drew, has a receipt for the tag and has paid an outfitter.
What a disappointment this is, but I highly doubt anyone that was mistakenly notified gets a tag this year or next. The way I read it, those people were mistakenly notified as successful not successful in the draw and did not receive tags. As mentioned, things like this have happened before and I do not believe anyone was compensated in the past cases. It's terrible but I do not see anything further than an apology incoming.

Did he recieve actual tag in mail or even will he in next couple days? Idaho is usually pretty quick with deer and elk tags.

What a disappointment this is, but I highly doubt anyone that was mistakenly notified gets a tag this year or next. The way I read it, those people were mistakenly notified as successful not successful in the draw and did not receive tags. As mentioned, things like this have happened before and I do not believe anyone was compensated in the past cases. It's terrible but I do not see anything further than an apology incoming.
yes but they paid for the tags as well. More than just being notified. I don’t know how it will turn out but it’s definitely a frustrating situation.

Talk about not being able to put yourself in someone else’s shoes. A sheep tag is something most hunters dream of and to tell someone they drew one have them make plans and then send them an email a week later saying we f’ed up deal with it... not cool at all.

If it happened to my best friend I would laugh hysterically because it is pretty funny, if it happened to me I would get over it in within a few minutes.

It feels like a punch to the gut when I think I am about to get a leftover Colorado tag and someone beats me to it. This has to feel like a punch from Iron Mike.

I hear what @JLS is saying. I also feel for the OP, if you don't think you'd be beyond bummed out, you're full of shit.

I side with the OP on this one, mainly due to the fact that this is a continued string of blunders over the past 5 years.
Consistently dropping the ball. A good buddy was notified he did not draw a goat tag 5 years ago. 1 month before opening day
the tag showed up in the mail. He called and they said "their mistake, the tag is legit." The number of people that affects
is beyond the 1 applicant. Work schedules, vacation, family, the "unsuccessful" applicants who then applied in other states, etc.
Unbelievably unprofessional. Over a month to ensure the draw results are correct. 50 +/- sheep tags in the entire state, and they botch it.

"This is the first time we have done this draw with our new license system, which launched in November of 2020."

They didn't have the foresight to do a trial run with the bear/turkey draw in February?

I guess they could always go back to applications by mail, and hand count them. Then they wouldn’t have computer glitches.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back