Caribou Gear Tarp

Idaho OTC tags today

Sounds like they are using the same system that UT used for general any legal weapon bull elk tags this year. I think I was something like 17,000 in line when I logged in late (about an hour after it opened) back in June. Same deal with huge fluctuations in your place in line and wait time that seemed to be inversely proportional. I gave up after a couple of hours since there was almost no chance I was going to be successful.
I was in that line in Utah most of the day and it was a disaster.

Wasn’t planning on buying my
Tag today but then after reading this got “in line” took about 2 and a half hours and was able to get my elk tag. Really surprised how this turned out

It was something else for sure! I understand why Idaho is doing what they are doing. I know alot of residents have been vocal and this is what they wanted. But, if you are going to require the waiting room and capped zones, shouldnt you at least make sure your website can handle the load?

Tag was kicked out 3 times because the system wouldnt let me pay. The fourth time it gave me a 404 error at the checkout screen. Closed the browser down and re-opened it. Logged in and the tag was still there with 2:30 left. It finally let me to the checkout with about 58 seconds left. Was able to buy the tag at the 17 second mark.

Had the ole pumper thumping!

This is really interesting, I will be keen to hear how it plays out in practice.

Me too. In my opinion, it’s overdue. Non-residents are limited in some fashion or another in every other state besides Idaho, until now.

MT and WY, gotta apply and draw. Not guaranteed. CO, gotta pick your unit and your 2 hour long season.

It’s just another spin similar to what other states already have in place. Our general tag = some units in neighboring states that take 1-3 points. Same deal, pick your unit/zone.

The fee increases are approaching what other states are charging, but still slightly cheaper on avg.

Annoying? Certainly. But on par with the remainder of the west. NR opportunity slowly slipping away in front of us all.

It was something else for sure! I understand why Idaho is doing what they are doing. I know alot of residents have been vocal and this is what they wanted. But, if you are going to require the waiting room and capped zones, shouldnt you at least make sure your website can handle the load?

Tag was kicked out 3 times because the system wouldnt let me pay. The fourth time it gave me a 404 error at the checkout screen. Closed the browser down and re-opened it. Logged in and the tag was still there with 2:30 left. It finally let me to the checkout with about 58 seconds left. Was able to buy the tag at the 17 second mark.

They’re just trying to make the tag buying experience more like the hunting experience itself. Two adrenaline rushes for the price of one!

When I logged in I was in the 1500's. We were actually doing the panhandle unit, but there were about 50 sawtooth tags left.
I think the system could run a lot smoother if they broke it up a little bit. Do elk tag a one day, elk tag b another day. Same thing with deer. I think you'd eliminate a lot of congestion.

Similar experience. That website experience makes a shot of epinephrine to the heart seem like no big deal. Lmfao

If all the NR deer/elk tags sell out in a few days, time for another price increase!
So here's how its going to go down. All tags become limited, lottery only. all applications require purchase of non-refundable licenses (as applications do now). Many more tags will be cut from the NR quota, and prices will rise more for those remaining. Every tag will sell. Between the mandatory license and app fees for applicants (whom greatly exceed tag quota) and the increased fees if you do draw a license, the effect will be revenue positive for the department, AND they will allocate more tags to residents, and remove more non residents from the mix. Call it..... New Mexico. But can't really argue with the financial logic of doing this if they choose.

I am old enough to remember buying tags in Idaho when you had to pick up the phone and call. There was no other option. If it was busy, hang up and hit redial. Tags sold out FAST, and you’d better have your shit together. Reading through this thread, I’m not sure how we were able to function.

Lots of panic buying. I see half the Middle Fork and Selway B tags are gone already. Might be the new normal.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back