Yeti GOBOX Collection

Idaho OTC tags today

A friend and his 4 buddies were trying to buy tags. He just got done. Sounded like all but one of them got their tags. But what a shitshow.

If you have to draw an acceptably high random number to even have a chance to buy the tag, how is that different than just having to draw the tag? Seems like a weird system.

A friend and his 4 buddies were trying to buy tags. He just got done. Sounded like all but one of them got their tags. But what a shitshow.

If you have to draw an acceptably high random number to even have a chance to buy the tag, how is that different than just having to draw the tag? Seems like a weird system.
Yeah, I am definitely feeling this way. I'll be following up with IDFG on this later on.

I bought a deer tag but it didn't ask what unit I wanted to hunt. Was anyone asked to pick a deer unit? Maybe a glitch?

After 94 minutes on hold, I was able to get through to the help desk. DAV Elk are sold out. I did pick up my DAV deer tag. I am still 2941 in the que online. Not IDFG's best moment this morning.
Did they have you pick a unit for your deer tag? I got lucky & got the DAV elk tag.

might as well have a random draw for all the tags with that kind of stress. Kinda glad not going to Idaho hunting this year.

The website wasn’t handling the traffic very well. It took me 4 tries to successfully check out with my tag. It kept timing out and putting my tag back in the available pile...pretty nerve racking when they’ve already sold most of them. There’s got to be a better way!

The website wasn’t handling the traffic very well. It took me 4 tries to successfully check out with my tag. It kept timing out and putting my tag back in the available pile...pretty nerve racking when they’ve already sold most of them. There’s got to be a better way!
Yea.....it's called a draw. Haha. I bet Idaho just does away with OTC soon.

Just got my Elk (Tex Creek A), Deer (76) and a Wolf tag. What a clown show! I logged in at 9:45am and was placed in the queue -number 7106!

Waited until 11:58am and it said I was next, screen refreshed and said "you've been logged out"

WTF Idaho!!

I nearly had a heart attack.

Hit "buy tags" and luckily it took me into the tag section immediately. Got the tags loaded up, count down said 1:37 and was feeling good until I found out AMEX wasn't accepted. Uh, it was last year.

Scrambled for my wallet and got the new card put in with seconds to spare.

I'm not sure if I feel more adrenaline hunting a big animal or buying the NR tags! LOL

Hope everyone was able to get what they were after!

Sounds like they are using the same system that UT used for general any legal weapon bull elk tags this year. I think I was something like 17,000 in line when I logged in late (about an hour after it opened) back in June. Same deal with huge fluctuations in your place in line and wait time that seemed to be inversely proportional. I gave up after a couple of hours since there was almost no chance I was going to be successful.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back