Idaho Muley--My best yet!

Yes that is very steep country but some of my favorite. Great Buck man you did that tag justice. I hope your knee surgery goes well, can I ask what you are having done to it?

From what they told me, it is a matter of cleaning up the meniscus (sp?). I have never had my knee swell up like that before. Everytime I workout it swells. Should be pretty simple procedure and a quick mend. It is scheduled for Friday the 13th though:eek:

Very cool. Congrats on a sweet buck. That looks like some fun country to hunt muleys in.

Is that thing whole on you're back in the second pic??

I would like to say that was the whole deer on my back in the 2nd picture, but I barely made it up the hill with a 1/2 deer at a time! It was very steep and would have been difficult to keep the meat clean where he died. Sooo, I cut him in half and climbed up to a "flatter" spot to break him down. Funny part is--I had to crawl the entire way up! If I raised up the pack would pull me back! If you look in the picture, you'll see a blue rope. My dad used this rope to lead me up the hill like an ole' pack mule! Every once in a while I would loose my balance and he had to pull me on my face to keep me from falling down the hill. If someone had seen us, they would have laughed themselves to death.

I would like to say that was the whole deer on my back in the 2nd picture, but I barely made it up the hill with a 1/2 deer at a time! It was very steep and would have been difficult to keep the meat clean where he died. Sooo, I cut him in half and climbed up to a "flatter" spot to break him down. Funny part is--I had to crawl the entire way up! If I raised up the pack would pull me back! If you look in the picture, you'll see a blue rope. My dad used this rope to lead me up the hill like an ole' pack mule! Every once in a while I would loose my balance and he had to pull me on my face to keep me from falling down the hill. If someone had seen us, they would have laughed themselves to death.

Wow. that is still very impressive though, reminds me of a story of my dad packing one of my deer up a steep hill for me, hopefully I can return the favor some day... Good luck with the knee.

Great looking buck and sounds like it was even better with your Dad there, congrats!

I love that country, looks similar to where i have hunted. steep deep and star thistle!!! awesome buck, congrats.

Nice job haus! Great buck. > note: I needed one of your guide rope / towing systems this year myself. Ingenius! :) .....was wondering what the hell that rope was for, figured you needed that to tie the SOB to your pack. Funny your dad was pulling you up the hill.

I hope it goes good for you I just had knee surgery last Feb. and all I can say is do the physical therapy with a good therapist and get up on your feet asap. At least you have some bigbuck pics to look at while you are stuck in bed.
From what they told me, it is a matter of cleaning up the meniscus (sp?). I have never had my knee swell up like that before. Everytime I workout it swells. Should be pretty simple procedure and a quick mend. It is scheduled for Friday the 13th though:eek:

I hope it goes good for you I just had knee surgery last Feb. and all I can say is do the physical therapy with a good therapist and get up on your feet asap. At least you have some bigbuck pics to look at while you are stuck in bed.

How long were you laid up? I (not being very smart) was planning on getting the surgery on Friday so I could be back at work on Monday. Teacher--not physical work, but on my feet all day.

How long were you laid up? I (not being very smart) was planning on getting the surgery on Friday so I could be back at work on Monday. Teacher--not physical work, but on my feet all day.
I had a different operation then you but I was told I would be down for 2weeks well I'm a equipment mechanic and at two weeks it was not happening I went back at 3 weeks post op and was able to do about 50 % of my work. I am still not 100% but getting better every week. I think the doctor is usually a little to optimistic with a time period also I could not drive for 1 week but like I said totally different operation. Who is your surgeon?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alaska2Montana
Back