Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Idaho Moose, sheep and goat results up.

can't believe the luck.....the wife is somewhat less excited than I am though.

sure hope to heck i don't draw NV.

T bone! All I can say is WOW, you've got some incredible luck!!
Are you going to give it a try with your bow?
Congrats to all those who drew!

i'm worthless today at work....:) I'm really excited about the tag, but less so than sheep.....something real neat-o about that country.

I stayed awake half the night thinking and rethinking the country and my time restraints.

I want a long hair, but don't want to get snowed in or out, so maybe late Sept will be a good compromise.

Hopefully 10 days will be enough to get in, find my billy, get on him and get him out. Right now the plan is archery, but I waffle as I look at pictures of that country. It's big.

I have everything I need for gear, just need to restock freeze dried food, and rent a sat phone again.

Oh yeah, and get in shape...garbage, I have a long ways to go.

T-Bone, am I correct that this is like the third great trophy tag in Idaho in maybe four or five years? Two sheep tags only a year or two apart and now the goat? Wow! That's awesome! Do you play the lottery? And mostly as a nonresident if I recall. Dude, you give hope to the rest of us. Congratulations. We will be anticipating the play-by-play.

Congrats to everyone else who drew too.

Tbone is 100% on his draws. the 2 years in between is ones he was not allowed to put in for due to not killing a Sheep. 100%, What a Prick !!!! :D :D

I wish I was that lucky :D :D

T-bone, I'm looking at every angle to go in there with you. But Elk in Wyoming and deer and Elk in Utah and The up north Idaho Whitetail/muledeer trip puts the time constraints on me this year......

The guy above that drew the 27-2 tag is going in with horses to our little lake before the saddle we hike up to never land too. It might be worth getting to know him for supplies ;)

NVBighorn,

Yup. 3rd trophy species tag in 5 years. It took me 9 years to get my first sheep tag though.... I'm an ID native, and purchased a lifetime license before leaving. I get in the resident odds, but pay nr fees for tags.

Oscar,
I've been in contact with Ryan, the guy who drew 27-2 sheep and let him know where Big O's house is. Turns out he's from here in SD, so we can exchange all kinds of good info. Hope Big O made it through the winter.
Right now my plan is to go in late September, and bust tail into our 1st looky out and kill one of those half dozen billies we spotted there last year. Should be less difficult than sheep.

Here's some eye candy from the Crags.
Trying to find a ram.
Sheephunt030007.jpg

sheephuntpix0003.jpg

T_Bone___Moosie_with_Sheep.jpg

101_0510.jpg

You remember that goat we pegged and predicted what rock it was gonig to walk by and it did. MAN I hope you smoke one with a bow !!!!! I'm getting more excited for you !!

Looking at those pics, I sorta wonder why the odds are decent for that area? Doesn't look too bad..... :D

Thanks for the pics! One never knows, but I might even find myself in some of that country this fall.

Looks like I'll be heading out on the goat hunt with my original hunting partner.

Life is flying by too fast not to invite him along. I figure if Moosie can handle that country, my Dad should be able to make the trek one more time.

Gettin' Ready

"The guy above that drew the 27-2 tag is going in with horses to our little lake before the saddle we hike up to never land too. It might be worth getting to know him for supplies "

Yeah, I am going with my original plan to head into the big lake and hunt north and west. I will be taking two of my llamas with to get me over the saddle to the north. My friends dad will come in a few days later with 5 horses. I am leaving Burley Friday, Sept. 14 and driving to the trailhead. I will trail in all day saturday and likely finish the trek sunday morning. I'll see how it goes. I took two full weeks off work, so I am staying that long for sure. (til Sept. 30) Unless, of course, I am gifted with a sheep early, but I will not count on it. I've been in there and it is mean. I started working out twice a day now instead of once.

I am heading in there in mid Aug. for a recon/llama conditioning walk.

Man T-Bone, 3 for 3?!?!?! Is there any way I could maybe get you to 'bless' my apps before I send them? Remember 2002, Unit 26...6 tags, 7 res apps....yup, I didn't get it. I have a lot of stories like that. Oh well...

BOY's gettin whooped

He is too busy sniffin' up skirts :)o ) and sippin' on barley pop. Hopefully I don't have to pack him in AND out. That is, if Alaska doesn't kill him first.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back