Caribou Gear Tarp

Idaho Lobster Fishing

IdahoBugler

The fam went out looking for some bass and look what we found. A beautiful Snake River Lobster. They were everywhere and easy to catch. I ended up letting them all go but I'm going to catching me a mess of those soon to eat. They were some of the biggest crawdads that I have ever seen. We probably caught 10 or more. It could of easily been 50 or more if we wanted.

The first one my son caught.
P1040982.jpg

The second to the biggest one we caught.
P1040994.jpg

P1040989.jpg

We did catch a few bass but nothing big.
P1040969.jpg

DAng them are some big crawdads, or are they crayfish? Is there a difference? Have you ever ate those things? No wonder the SMB's are doing good. Much bigger than the ones found up river.

Those are huge mudbugs. If you like sucking head, those should be right up your alley. hump:Dhump

Wowzer. Those are lunkers. Good eats.

Warning Swimmers - Idaho Game and Fish takes no reponsibility for personal injury caused by oversized crustaceans inhabiting these waters. Swim at your own risk!

Those would probably be real good eating out of clean water like the Snake.
You'll need a bunch of them. They'rebig critters, but there still aint much tail meat.

I've eaten crayfish like that a few times.

Swan Falls crawdads are some good eats!

Looks like a fun day was had.
You nailed it on the head there T-Bone. I can also tell that Jose nailed it too. :)

We caught them on curly tail grubs. We would swing it by there head and they would reach up and grab it. Most of the time when they came out of the water they would let it go. We got lucky some times and the hook wrapped around there claw.

I'll let you know how they test in a week or so. :)

Those are some Big dads for sure. I've been trapping them for the last month, picked up over 1000 in the last 2 trips but crap they are a lot of work to clean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ID just changed the law on trap size they can now be 2 foot by 2 foot so far I have made 7 traps and getting well over 100 per trap. Im headed out tomorrow to catch enough to feed 60 people should be fun will post pics when I get time.

Those are some Big dads for sure. I've been trapping them for the last month, picked up over 1000 in the last 2 trips but crap they are a lot of work to clean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ID just changed the law on trap size they can now be 2 foot by 2 foot so far I have made 7 traps and getting well over 100 per trap. Im headed out tomorrow to catch enough to feed 60 people should be fun will post pics when I get time.

What do you use for bait in your traps?

IDB, You wouldn't want the Moosie Clan to come along would yah ? Or at least point us in the right Direction ? Me Love them guys !!

Also, Who's doing Kawika's hair nowadays ?!?! ;)

IDB, You wouldn't want the Moosie Clan to come along would yah ? Or at least point us in the right Direction ? Me Love them guys !!

Also, Who's doing Kawika's hair nowadays ?!?! ;)
Dude, That would be awesome. I think the little one's would have a good time. I actually went this weekend with a crab trap and we only caught 7 large ones. They weren't coming up like they were the week we caught them with the fishing poles.. It might of been because the water was way down though. We did catch a bunch of bass though.

Kawika ate the ones we caught and loved them. He even ate the cray butter (fat) and sucked out the juice from the guts.

Kawika's hair is wild. We are trying to grow it out long. Kind of surfer style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back