Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Idaho General tag Muleys lets see em!!!!!!

dzlfarmboy

Just curious what kind of luck some of your guys have had hunting for decent Muley bucks in Idaho with a general season tag. Looking to possibly do this hunt this fall so im on the grind of doing as much research I can and any input on good areas to suggest I'm all ears. This will be my second western big game hunt. DIY backpacking of coarse.

Thanks Brett

My first and biggest came on an ID general tag. The area we hunted had lots of deer and lots of people. Passed on a couple of smaller bucks before finding this guy on day 2. I'm pretty sure he was where he was because he was trying to get away from a group on the next ridge over.

Thanks for the compassion... ;) No, the cape stayed on the mountain. Looking back, it was a very big mistake. Especially now that I don't live where mule deer do. Thanks guys, I WAS having a good day... :D

Another pic to show my ignorance...
MyFirstMuleDeer-ID-200505.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

that's a hell of a nice buck 1_pointer. Love the double white throat patch. You can find a muley cape somewhere im sure if you want to mount it, but yeh that's a pretty one

twsnow- Not from ID nor have I ever lived there. However, I try weekly to convince my wife that we'd have a very good time/life there! :D I have a good buddy that lives there and try to make it out for a hunt with him as much as possible.

I have a question for you Idaho guys and those of you who know the regs in ID. Here's the scenario: You draw a Controlled Hunt tag for mule deer that has a season dates of Nov. 1-Nov.30th. In the unit, you can do the early season archery mule deer hunt with a General tag. If you draw the Nov. tag, can you do the early season archery hunt too? What if you wanted to the neighboring unit, early season archery which is also general?

I have a question for you Idaho guys and those of you who know the regs in ID. Here's the scenario: You draw a Controlled Hunt tag for mule deer that has a season dates of Nov. 1-Nov.30th. In the unit, you can do the early season archery mule deer hunt with a General tag. If you draw the Nov. tag, can you do the early season archery hunt too? What if you wanted to the neighboring unit, early season archery which is also general?

If you drew a controlled hunt you can only hunt during the dates of the controlled hunt within that unit. A Resident, however, can buy a second tag (general tag/or whitetail tag) at non-resident cost. I am not certain if a non-resident can purchase a second tag as well.

No you can not, unless you want to buy a second OTC mule deer tag at NR prices. You must adhere to the rules, unit boundaries and season dates that are encompassed in the tag you drew.

PS, you would have a lot more fun hunting the rut with your rifle in that late season anyway. If you want to do both just pick up a NR otc tag that you could hunt the whole state with during archery (sept) and the general rifle buck season (oct).

Negative, if you draw a controlled hunt your confined to that hunt. However if you are a resident and draw the tag you could buy a non resident tag and hunt general season with your non resident tag and shoot two deer.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back