Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Idaho General tag Muleys lets see em!!!!!!

Can a resident buy two general season tags (one @NR price)?
Can a non resident buy two general season tags (both @NR price)?

No you can not, unless you want to buy a second OTC mule deer tag at NR prices. You must adhere to the rules, unit boundaries and season dates that are encompassed in the tag you drew.

PS, you would have a lot more fun hunting the rut with your rifle in that late season anyway. If you want to do both just pick up a NR otc tag that you could hunt the whole state with during archery (sept) and the general rifle buck season (oct).

thanks for the info guys. I was thinking an early season archery hunt in the unit would be a good scouting trip for the later season hunt....with a chance of actually hunting and not just scouting

Easy huh? Ok, one more. If I draw a tag with a 50% success rate, I do zero scouting and hunt for 1.5 days will I be able to kill a 185 3/8" buck? :D:D
Just kidding...of course I will.
Thanks for the help Tone!!

Taken by a hunter i was guiding a few years back. Was shot down in a neat basin that took a little walk to get into. Its that type of spot that even today i believe i could go there and still glass bucks up of this size of better. Saw some much better bucks in there over the years. Pity not many hunters wanted to leave the comforts of a wall tent and stove to fly camp up there on dirt to kill a good deer. Guess thats why they were paying for a hunt and not prepared to punch out too many 'hard yards'.

I'll go. That's the plan for next year. Boot miles to deer camp and hunt around for a week or so. Of course my tent will be a little more modern :D

Can a resident buy two general season tags (one @NR price)?
Can a non resident buy two general season tags (both @NR price)?

Note: Residents or nonresidents may buy one unsold
nonresident general season deer and elk tag at the nonresident
price starting August 1, to be used as a second tag.

I'll go. That's the plan for next year. Boot miles to deer camp and hunt around for a week or so. Of course my tent will be a little more modern :D

That was my early season set up! Sleeping bag and a
fly for shelter. Pine needles and dirt make a sweet sleeping pad!
I've never liked too many comforts in my fly camps.
What region of Idaho are you heading to?

Last edited:
Central. The land of wolves (and $32 wolf tags) Somewhere between Lonesome Larry and the awesome folks at Bent Rod Outdoors. The plan is to hunt the last week of general season.

At least you took good pictures.

Thanks for the compassion... ;) No, the cape stayed on the mountain. Looking back, it was a very big mistake. Especially now that I don't live where mule deer do. Thanks guys, I WAS having a good day... :D

Another pic to show my ignorance...
MyFirstMuleDeer-ID-200505.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
That is a nice buck. To me it would have been a no brainer to mount that nice double throat patch 4 point. A treasure to me would be a double throat patch buck due to how rare they are. Almost shot at nice wide 2X3 double patch buck in a unit where nice 4 points are expected. Sometimes I wish I could go back, have not seen one that nice since. I guess we all have our regrets but dang this would be one of them. At least you took good pictures. Anyway you remind me of my friend who shot a nice 4X4 160 Muley. He took 1 crappy picture with a disposable camera and when he got the deer home he hacked the antlers off and he uses them to rattle.
It should have been a no-brainer, but I was broke and ignorant of mule deer then. I'm hoping to find one of his kin this fall though...

PS- This is a tough crowd... ;)

I understand the situation if your broke. You heading back to ID? Good luck this fall.

Yes, I'll be in ID this fall with a couple of tags in my pocket. Thanks for the luck! I'd be tickled to find a twin to that buck.

Sweet! That offer for the beer is still on the table.
Thanks! Not sure if I'll make it that far west, but if I do I'll definitely take you up on it. Right now it looks like I'll be in ID for a week in Oct and a week in Nov, but I'm flying in/out of Twin. If I'm lucky enough to tag out early, I've thought of renting a car and driving to Boise to get some info/pictures of neighborhoods in an effort to convince my wife that a relocation to ID is a great idea.. :D

Thanks! Not sure if I'll make it that far west, but if I do I'll definitely take you up on it. Right now it looks like I'll be in ID for a week in Oct and a week in Nov, but I'm flying in/out of Twin. If I'm lucky enough to tag out early, I've thought of renting a car and driving to Boise to get some info/pictures of neighborhoods in an effort to convince my wife that a relocation to ID is a great idea.. :D

Going on general tags? Or did you draw some? Guess I'm going to try some general tags for the first time in idaho this October.

Found a couple decent Idaho bucks last night. Hope the wide one puts on a couple more inches in August, but still not too shabby for over-the-counter tags.

Attachments

• IMG_5625a.jpg
    IMG_5625a.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_5625ab.jpg
    IMG_5625ab.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 381
I've thought of renting a car and driving to Boise to get some info/pictures of neighborhoods in an effort to convince my wife that a relocation to ID is a great idea.. :D

Relocating is a great idea. Super fun downtown with big game outta town and a river runs through it. Both big city and small city stuff. Love it here.

Nice bucks Ardrhi!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back