Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Idaho Falls/Rexburg, ID suggestions...?

1_pointer

My wife, 13mos old son, and I will be in the Rexburg/ID Falls area the weekend after next. I'll be trying not to kill myself or embarrass myself too bad at the triathlon with Moosie on Saturday, but plan on staying Sunday. Anyone with any suggestions of stuff to see or do?

I promise to leave Rick's College alone! ;)

I promise to leave Rick's College alone! ;)

You're in the dark ages 1_pointer, it hasn't been called Rick's College in years.....so be careful at BYU Idaho! ;) ;)

Go to Bear World! HA, just kidding. If you want to get mauled by wild animals, you are better off going to BYU Idaho!

You're in the dark ages 1_pointer, it hasn't been called Rick's College in years.....so be careful at BYU Idaho! ;) ;)

Go to Bear World! HA, just kidding. If you want to get mauled by wild animals, you are better off going to BYU Idaho!
I realize that, I just wanted to make sure the locals new what I was talking about! ;)

Thats .. Rick's Collage. 1-pointer, we're going to have fun. I'm all excited. I went bowling 2 nights ago and dropped a 16# ball on my Right toe goofing around. I can barely walk right now let alone do a triathalon. I'll be gimping but ready in 2 weeks.

As far as things to do. Bear world is kind of cool. I'm gunna take the kids while over there. It will be a blast for them.

I won't be staying in I.F. though, we're gunna go back to Pokey to the Extended family. I do think though that we should all get together after the race and have lunch. If I survive the race......

Right in between the two aforementioned towns there's a smaller town named Rigby. That's pretty much what the rest of the solar system revolves around. My stompin grounds!

If it were I, I'd ditch the wife and kid and fish the snake river. This time of year is excellent fishing with rapalas and large lures for some really big fish. I can give you specifics if you'd like.

If you need to involve the family, take a drive up to one of the Mesa Falls, or even better, score points with the wife and get tickets to the Playmill theater in west yellowstone.

Whitewater raft the snake river between Jackson and Alpine Wy. Call and just meet the raft company at the West Table boat launch. Bear World is tolerable but doesn't take long to see. There are some good plays at both Jackson Hole and West Yellowstone. Go fish the S. Fork (get in line) or the Henry's fork. Take the family to Heise to swim. I think there is also a chuckwagon dinner/play at Heise.

Go pay homage to the best thing made in Idaho (besides myself).....

http://www.rockymountainvodka.com/index.cfm

3724_44north_110907.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions fellas! 'Course I think many of you missed the part about have a 13mos old along... ;)

TBone- Mesa Falls? Car (as opposed to truck) accessible?

My wife seems to wanna go somewhere a do a bit of hiking/sightseeing. Any particular suggestions?

Mesa falls is very car accessible. You can either make the turn at Ashton to get there or continue up Ashton hill and make the turn just past the entrance to Harriman state park. Harriman wouldn't be a bad place for a hike/sightseeing trip, other than paying the state park entrance fee.

Good to hear. I'm thinking the sedan will be making the trip instead of the pickup due to gas... I googled up some pics and that looks like something the wife might/could enjoy.

Yes. Both Mesa Falls are car accessible. Lot's of easy going trail hikes you can go on with the kid-o in the backpack.
If you decide to try one of the live shows, I've heard a touch of Nyquil is highly effective on the little guys.

Go to the fish hatchery at Warm Springs and show the kids some fish - theres tons in the river there. Mesa is a good idea. Might as well head on up the hill and go to Island Park and see Big Springs, then go over to Henry's Lake and fish.

What Triathlon are you guys doing? I have always wanted to do the ironman at cour d alene. Do they have one in Idaho falls?

Go to the Rigby museum, and see the creator of the televsion. Philo T. Farsnsworth. Other than that there is nothing to do here.

Back