Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Idaho Draw

It's actually divided into 3 units!

My wife actually drew the Northern most unit, I believe it's 66-1. I've got a pretty good bull tied to a tree, but we'll see. He's about 48 to 50" with huge fronts. He's been on the same wallo for two years now. Last year, during elk, I called him in 4 times within 20 yds. I hunting buddy has shot a bull moose over there for the past 3 years, wife, daughter and himself. All bulls were over 45" and one bull had a 10" drop tine.

I appreciate your offer, "IDHunters". I have it under control as we speak but I may be back here crawling on my knees asking for help.

AFJack
Best of luck, that area is kind of in my backyard as well. Have done some deer hunting there and remember there was no shortage of moose. Be sure to post pictures!!

AirForce Jack... Welcome to HuntTalk.com. I'm assuming AF=AirForce since you are a MntHome guy :)

Love the bear pics !!! Werre ya orig. from ?!?! Kudos on the wife drawing.. I think kids and wives have some sort of pref point deal......

AF = Air Force

Moosie,

I'm originally from Augusta, Kansas; born and raised. I go back every year to hunt whitetail with my father. I have a ton of pictures from Kansas to include a 193" buck I shot in 2003. I'll get them posted whenever I figure out the trophy room categories.

I retire in April 2009 and the Star Valley is looking awful inviting as a final move. My life is going to be turned upside down in the next 8 months.

As for the bear, the big red boar was a "3 year in the making" hunt. This bear lived up in a basin in the Sawtooths and I tried to kill him with a bow for 2 years and finally gave up. Pulled the Weatherby out and shot him long range. The other bear was an old dry sow shot off my bait by a good friend. I don't like to shoot sows, but it was his first bear and she was ready to go. She was grey with chocalate tips, awesome looking hide.

BTW...those Kodiak pictures are awesome. I have a friend that is an Air Traffic Controller at the Kodiak Island airport. Maybe one of these days I'll make it up there. He about kills me with weekly hunting/fishing pictures.

YAh.. I lost all my AK pics and I need to finish re-uploading them. You jsut gave me motivation.

Good having you aboard. I'm in Nampa jsut on the other side of Boise. If you're ever on this side of town let me know and we'll get lunch !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back