Idaho Bull

Kicker

My buddy has a supertag for elk and we passed on a ton of bulls this weekend. This is not the biggest we saw, just the best pics we got.

Bull2.jpg

scan0001-1.jpg

Hope to hit it hard again this weekend, the cooler weather will be nice!

What kind of bull are you guys looking for on a tag like that in ID? Would a 370 hit the dirt or does he have something better in mind, just curious.....

Not a bad Bull. Der is sum Dandies out der :D :D

Whats his schedule with the Super tag ? it's valid durring any open season or something like that, right ?

95% of the elk Super tag guys go down there is what F&G said.

According to my buddy who has a tag, each Super tag holder brought 4 or 5 guys with them on opening morning and spread out to find bulls. He said that almost every ridge he glassed had someone walking on it. He wasn't very happy but I wish I had his problem.

Yes S. Mountain is a Zoo on opening. Thats exactly why we avoided it! He is looking for a 365+ bull so that he can beat his wifes supertag bull from 5 years ago. We sure saw a lot of bulls and one that would go 360+ for sure, but couldn't get on him before dark. We have a few hole in the wall spots in the owyhees that we keep to ourselves, but its public land and those kinds of spot only stay secret for so long. I heard rumor of an outfitter taking a guy in with a pack string around s. mountain to get a solid 390 bull, but havent heard if they got him or not? The elk supertag is open to any elk season in the state. Its been fun so far. I love hunting a specific bull, its a great challenge.

Not really new to this site just another name at this time. Don't post much, but this thread has me going. Having just spent this past weekend sitting on top of South Mtn watching the so called elk hunters(should say Idaho hunters at their best) it was a total zoo and joke.
Don't know about the out fitter and horses as never did see them.
Kicker is your buddy Alex W? If so work with him.
One of the SuperTag holders from eastern Id came to South Mtn looking for the big one, told them to get off the ATV's but they didn't do it. By the time I left Monday eve all hunters had left and didn't see anything go out in the back end of trucks. Oh well, just my vent of sport hunting/hunters.
No don't hunt elk anymore, some deer usually have to do some kind of work so don't get out regular and I'm not a horn hunter.

Yep, sounds about right! I don't know if I would classify them as "Idaho hunters", but yes there are idiots in every state I have hunted. South Mountain is just plain stupid if you ask me. I feel sorry for the few that draw the controlled hunt, they get over run by supertaggers. We knew how it was going to be and stayed way clear of that area. Oh well that's what we get when there are so few areas managed for quality bulls. Chaos on South Mountain!

The problem with South Mtn area, way to much country few elk, and I believe those elk know how to climb junipters.:D
I tell everyone down there that elk hunting is hard, just figure its 10x's harder down there.
Oh well, reason I've just about quit hunting.

Easy now...........It actually has come to a stand still while my buddy and his wife decide if they are getting a divorce or not. What a bunch of crap! Why don't normal people get good tags, it's always my psycho friends or their psycho wives!:BLEEP:

If you ever head east, I've seen/heard of same dandies near the ID/UT/NV border. Good luck!

We pounded the ID/NV/UT border all summer with not much in results. We saw a lot of elk just nothing big. But as soon as he decides what he is doing with his lilfe maybe we can get back to hunting.

Idaho Ron, ME TOO. But it goes a little deeper than that for him. She has a relationship with another guy, although stricly emotional right so far.:confused:

It's hard to tell what's truth and what's not right now. He even tried to transfer the tag to me but f&g laughed just like I did when they heard that!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back