Idaho Aug 4 tag reissue sale

4600. It was fun playing the draw. Have to be top 100 in line to get anything good.

Pretty funny seeing a resident hunting influencer posting that he’s upset with his number in the queue. I’m guessing he will be fine for this fall with the tag he already has plus I’d guess a couple for other states. If only people hadn’t help create this panic buy mess…

Any thoughts on why on Tuesday 2 tags for a capped zone would be on list but they were gone today prior to the sale? Is there a path to selling those before this 10 am sale? mAybe they had bad data on Tuesday and fixed?
there were a ton of changes between Tuesday and today? I'm guessing outfitter allocation, but one zone that popped up 9 tags yesterday was a unit I had tried to get an outfitter tag in and was told that they were sold out? I finally got a low number today anyway so I saved myself the cost of buying a spike camp hunt to get myself a tag...

there were a ton of changes between Tuesday and today? I'm guessing outfitter allocation, but one zone that popped up 9 tags yesterday was a unit I had tried to get an outfitter tag in and was told that they were sold out? I finally got a low number today anyway so I saved myself the cost of buying a spike camp hunt to get myself a tag...
How low is 'a low number' to you?

Just for shits and giggles I just logged in, went right through. Had number 6309 or something like that with 1 person ahead of me. Lots of elk tags left.

Just for shits and giggles I just logged in, went right through. Had number 6309 or something like that with 1 person ahead of me. Lots of elk tags left.
lots of Middle fork/Lolo as of 2 minutes ago... seems like a healthy amount of people realized that those might not be a walk in the park...

Looks like I'll have some time to decide if I want a 2nd tag or not. I'll wait to see if I get lucky on some controlled hunt in 2nd draw.

Is it just me or is there a ton of tags in the 2nd chance draw list this year?
There were more (it seemed) second mile deer tags available this year than last year. My son was 4k+ in number, waited an hour and was able to pick up a tag.

Seems like a lot. Based on the comments on FB hunting pages I assume most are due to people that still haven't figured out you need to by the tag.
Fomo tag drawers. Got to get in the draw cause that’s what’s cool now. Zooming around hunting multiple states and punching tags like Mike on the pads

Ugh yeah, shhh

Quote from a buddy of mine:
“Whenever someone doesn’t pick up a good CH tag I just assume it’s for the same reasons a serial killer stops killing.”
I had to call the Nampa office and double check, but I can’t draw a second controlled tag (in the second chance draw) and pay for as a NR. Damn.

Of course by the time I figured that out the OTC NR tag I would have bought had sold.

Back to speed goat scouting.

Back