- Nov 20, 2020
No need to get on AITA thread on Reddit it. Fact: You are one for acting like a spoiled child.It used to be 5 to 10 percent of nonresident hunters made the rest look bad. Lately it seams like 90 percent make the rest look bad.
Let me describe opening day of deer in my area. I've hunted the same unit religiously since I was 13. That's 25 years now. Before sunrise I parked my 4 wheeler and hiked 2/3 of a mile to a ridge. Awaiting sunrise I see 6 side by sides driving to the same ridge. That road has been closed for 30 years. They all park a few hundred yards apart. As the sun rises I see deer just below them. This is bullshit... You can see deer and elk but can't tell what they are. Just before legal shooting hours I start screaming at the top of my lungs trying to be very helpfull, "Hey there's deer coming your way! LOOK DOWN BELOW! DEER! RIGHT THERE! HEEEEY, JUST BELOW YOU DEER. THAT ONE MIGHT BE A BUCK! ETC." On and on until I'm out of breathe. Everything non human runs into the trees. Daylight comes and there's NOTHING to be seen. They come over pissed off. Mad as hell saying, "We spent so much money on tags and drove 6 hours and you pull that shit!" I didn't even know they were nonresident until then. Thanks for the tip.
"Just trying to help you guys out." Was all I said.
They didn't even consider they were hunting illegally. Most of them didn't even get off the side by sides. I'm usually the guy happy to help out a nonresident I meet in a canyon. You pay a TON of money to hunt Idaho and that cash helps. If I can get you that once in a lifetime experience I'll guide you on your way. Lately I don't know if it's pressure to kill something to post pics or show it off or what but some people are needing a lesson. I'm definitely switching to the side of limit nonresidents to 10% of even general tags. Much more and I'll happily suggest we just end the nonresident tags. I'll pay more as a resident.
Call a game warden if you have a problem.