Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Idaho 2024- start %itching now

I saw that they get a number but it’s not included in randomized pool people online are seeing. This explains how Diamond Creek A sold out of 466 tags before our numbers even dropped 300 places I think.
Diamond Creek sold out when number dropped 80. Yes 80 is all.

I know a guy who drove to Idaho and was the first in line at a vendor and did not get the tag he wanted. I cannot comprehend how that can be possible unless bots are being used somehow.

Diamond Creek sold out when number dropped 80. Yes 80 is all.

I know a guy who drove to Idaho and was the first in line at a vendor and did not get the tag he wanted. I cannot comprehend how that can be possible unless bots are being used somehow.
I mean there is a hunt application service that owns a big ranch in that area and somehow finds tags for themselves and friends every year…

It took all my will power but I resisted the temptation to buy an ID tag! Might apply in the controlled draw depending on how my other applications go. Good luck to all those that have a tag in their pocket.

Last edited:
I guess even a clearcut in Idaho is prettier than wherever.
Lemme show you 80% of Idaho in one picture taken today. Its flat, mostly desert, boring, cold and windy. There is absolutely nothing in between the towns and people drive like A- holes. Its the other 20% of Idaho that people are willing to buy land in or stand in line to hunt.20231202_143101.jpg

Lemme show you 80% of Idaho in one picture taken today. Its flat, mostly desert, boring, cold and windy. There is absolutely nothing in between the towns and people drive like A- holes. Its the other 20% of Idaho that people are willing to buy land in or stand in line to hunt.View attachment 304416
You must have been in Northern Utah

Lemme show you 80% of Idaho in one picture taken today. Its flat, mostly desert, boring, cold and windy. There is absolutely nothing in between the towns and people drive like A- holes. Its the other 20% of Idaho that people are willing to buy land in or stand in line to hunt.
here is the other 20%. This day made me question why I was doing this to myself for a chance at an elk. I told myself 20 minutes out of the truck that I wasn’t shooting a bull unless it was big

Attachments

• IMG_3656.jpeg
    IMG_3656.jpeg
    208.6 KB · Views: 41
You must have been in Northern Utah
Northern Utah, Southern Idaho, not much difference. The point I was trying to make is that hunting Idaho isn't what it looks like on Fecesbook or Instaglam . I think Idaho is a beautiful state with many opportunities for outdoor minded people, but its not the hunters guaranteed paradise it's been hyped up to be online.

here is the other 20%. This day made me question why I was doing this to myself for a chance at an elk. I told myself 20 minutes out of the truck that I wasn’t shooting a bull unless it was big
And that other 20% is absolutely beautiful, but can be brutal and unforgiving. The average person looking at your pic thinks it's a pretty forest they can just stroll through leisurely. A 10 minute walk down the right side of your pic could end up being a 1hour plus struggle to get back up.
I've been guilty of it myself, looking at topo's and "mapping services" . It's a reality check in person, I've questioned my decisions many times in the field.

And that other 20% is absolutely beautiful, but can be brutal and unforgiving. The average person looking at your pic thinks it's a pretty forest they can just stroll through leisurely. A 10 minute walk down the right side of your pic could end up being a 1hour plus struggle to get back up.
I've been guilty of it myself, looking at topo's and "mapping services" . It's a reality check in person, I've questioned my decisions many times in the field.
I remember my first trip to Idaho and the first night glassing a spot 500 yards from camp and thinking "what the #*"% did I just sign up for? I'm really going to hike across this drainage tomorrow morning to get to that next ridge? That ain't gonna be fun".

Next day I didn't even make it half way by lunch!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back