Yeti GOBOX Collection

Idaho 2024- start %itching now

Is it possible to put in for 2 tags (for 2 separate hunters) at once? Or do we separately have to hope we both make it in and both get a tag?

I didn't know you could buy tags in person for your buddies also. What a weird system they have going on .
I'm in Idaho now , I'll be here for another week on vacation and I have no intentions of standing in line at a DFG office , I'll do it online.
That being said, any NR that wants me to buy a tag for you in person, I can do it at the Salmon regional office. $475 per hour, 4 hr minimum, prepaid, non refundable .😁
Screenshot_20231130_092736.jpg

Doing it at fish and game offices is a rookie move. I know a guy in SE Idaho that had a honey hole of a tag vendor and he bought high demand tags for his NR brother for years. But the last two years some other guys found it.

Dumb question, but went online to buy a license (not tag) and mine is still valid to the end of the year and I have no option to purchase a 2024 license.

I recall last year I had bought it (the license) early and then sent my dad into a store with my number to get me and my son deer tags for around his house. Are 2024 NR licenses limited to tomorrow too?

Doing it at fish and game offices is a rookie move. I know a guy in SE Idaho that had a honey hole of a tag vendor and he bought high demand tags for his NR brother for years. But the last two years some other guys found it.
License vendors, especially those away from the borders of other states, are the new hot spot...not to mention I assume everyone will be logging in multiple incognito/private browsers to get more 'spots' in line...even those standing/camping in line.

License vendors, especially those away from the borders of other states, are the new hot spot...not to mention I assume everyone will be logging in multiple incognito/private browsers to get more 'spots' in line...even those standing/camping in line.
Trying to buy online while standing in line is pretty common. Just another way to help bog the system down and maybe shoot yourself in the foot

Especially vendors in little towns that no one really goes to, like the hardware store in Pierce.

Stop in to the cafe and get yourself a chicken fried steak while your there.

Trying to buy online while standing in line is pretty common. Just another way to help bog the system down and maybe shoot yourself in the foot
Yea...the most unfair in my view is the fact people can get many different 'places' in line via the private browser mode. Between that tactic, buying for multiple people, and private license vendor connections...the average person stands little chance on high demand tags.

So I'm getting in line with hopes of getting a certain elk tag which isn't exactly a super high demand tag but will still require a fairly low number I would imagine to get based on when it sold out last year.

What if I happen to get crazy lucky and get a super low number and end up in right away? Do I switch to Bear River/Diamond Creek? How about a deer tag? Is there a deer unit that I shouldn't pass up if I get so lucky?

I figure asking isn't that crazy due to the crazy luck it would require to get such a low number and although some dumb responses to this question may arise, maybe a few are willing to share thoughts on the "best of the worst tags".

So I'm getting in line with hopes of getting a certain elk tag which isn't exactly a super high demand tag but will still require a fairly low number I would imagine to get based on when it sold out last year.

What if I happen to get crazy lucky and get a super low number and end up in right away? Do I switch to Bear River/Diamond Creek? How about a deer tag? Is there a deer unit that I shouldn't pass up if I get so lucky?

I figure asking isn't that crazy due to the crazy luck it would require to get such a low number and although some dumb responses to this question may arise, maybe a few are willing to share thoughts on the "best of the worst tags".
Units 4, 7, 9, and 10 are the highline deer tags to have. Full stop. Troll warrior booners pulled out every year.

Units 4, 7, 9, and 10 are the highline deer tags to have. Full stop. Troll warrior booners pulled out every year.
Regardless of my number, I'll be getting a deer tag just because I know those tags will be left for me and have a cousin up there who wants me to visit to shoot a WT so...

It's really not that difficult. The idea is fine the system is the issue which is huge. If things just worked right like they should nobody would bitch....wait who am I kidding we would find something bitch about.
But I have no problem getting my hunting partners tags every year. We also have no problem finding respectable bulls wherever we end up every year. If we shoot one of those respectable bulls is another story.

All this positive press has me lining up tomorrow to shoot for my first ever out of state deer tag. I have no idea what I'm doing, and I'm likely to leave in disgust, disappointment in myself, and shame in my own decision making. It's gonna be like losing my virginity all over again.

Back