PEAX Equipment

Idaho 2021 Moose, Sheep, Mtn Goat regs out

I don't remember which year it was. I actually supported the idea at the spring meeting it was proposed. As a parent if circumstances dissalowed me to hunt a tag but my kid could go, I would love to let them have it. That being said I don't think anybody forsaw abuse like that going to happen. When I talked the the commissioner and officers about what I witnessed they all were shocked and agreed that shouldn't be allowed to happen.
I'll toot my own horn. I knew that situations like that would occur and opposed youth tag transfers from the start. I still oppose youth tag transfers for deer/elk/antelope.

I was very happy to see it come to and end for Moose/Sheep/Goats.

Went for a goat tag this year. Never have had one in my pocket, at 64 thought I'd better get one earlier rather than later. Moose will be when I can't hunt sheep or goats anymore. Also much easier to draw a tag. Should be able to organize a crew for a moose pack out.

I went to apply on the night of the 28th and got cold feet thinking about the amount that is nonrefundable. Logged back in on the 30th and applied. I just can’t help myself.
That’s the spirit!

I’m already planning how to spend my moose refund check

I went to apply on the night of the 28th and got cold feet thinking about the amount that is nonrefundable. Logged back in on the 30th and applied. I just can’t help myself.
If you don’t draw, the non-refundable part would be a good reason to pick up a cheap bear tag and make a trip north to check out some new country.

If I were a non resident, I'd buy a deer or elk tag on Dec 1, then put in for moose every year. Moose had about 1000 non residents apply for 54 tags in 2021. Not impossible odds. Bear, wolf or lion tags are options too.

It was May 18th in 2017 - I remember it well because I drew a sheep tag!

Then there were allegations from lawmakers of drawing conspiracies in 2018, so a private contractor was hired to check everything out and drawing results started coming up in early June.

Then last year the report of Fish and Game telling a couple of non-res that they drew sheep tags when they hadn't.

So still probably 2 weeks away, maybe 3 because of last year's screw up. I predict about June 3rd, just before the other draws are due June 5th.

It was May 18th in 2017 - I remember it well because I drew a sheep tag!

Then there were allegations from lawmakers of drawing conspiracies in 2018, so a private contractor was hired to check everything out and drawing results started coming up in early June.

Then last year the report of Fish and Game telling a couple of non-res that they drew sheep tags when they hadn't.

So still probably 2 weeks away, maybe 3 because of last year's screw up. I predict about June 3rd, just before the other draws are due June 5th.
Not to mention the legislature threatening IDFG that they would propose legislation banning employees and commissioners from applying for controlled hunts if they didn’t get there way on landowner compensation and easing depredation payments

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back