Ice Fishing(post your pics)

Used to fish all the time without a vexilar when I was younger, just a weighted depth finder clipped to your carhart zipper. But now days I will turn around and drive home if I happen to forget my vexilar.
The navionics app also does wonders if your fishing a new lake or area

It was as 41” long. We didn’t weigh it because it as cold and we wanted to get him released quickly. Going by weight charts and holding him, we guessed upper 20’s-30#. A half hour later I caught a fat 38” out of the same hole that we guessed in the low to mid 20’s.
That's a healthy fish! Did you squeeze it through a 8" hole?

Plus fighting them on 2 lbs test is a ton of fun with an ice rod!

A few pics from late ice last year. My absolute favorite time to fish is late spring when you can only walk out onto the ice and the weather is beautiful. Sitting on the ice on a beautiful spring day in the 50s with snow geese flying over is tough to beat. Fish are almost always biting then too.

Oh and to any of the guys who fish Cascade, please don't make fun of my little dinky perch...

20180424_202427.jpg20190403_194320.jpg20190403_195028.jpg20190407_222743.jpg

A few pics from late ice last year. My absolute favorite time to fish is late spring when you can only walk out onto the ice and the weather is beautiful. Sitting on the ice on a beautiful spring day in the 50s with snow geese flying over is tough to beat. Fish are almost always biting then too.

Oh and to any of the guys who fish Cascade, please don't make fun of my little dinky perch...

View attachment 126056View attachment 126057View attachment 126058View attachment 126059
Now that's a lake to fish! Thanks for sharing

A nice gentleman approached me on the ice last week and politely told me I had no idea what I was doing and gave me some tips. With his tips I was able to hook up on a few fish but broke them off at the hole after underestimating the size of fish in the lake. Finally landed one today.
20200307_075153.jpg

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back