IBBuglers trip Update.....

Sweet vids Bugler.. Good luck on sticking a toad. you deserve a good one for putting up with Moosie and all his nugget squeezing;) :D ..

WAY better then jsut my Text Update..... Now, If we could just upload Video clips from the field from a Mobil and a Internet conection we could....

great-idea.jpg

Day 4:

I heard this bull bugling when I was giving Oscar an update the previous night. I decided I would try him in the morning as he had a good sounding bugle. At first light I snuck in and I could hear the herd a ways into the trees. I called for about 10 minutes and coaxed this bull back to me. He left 2 cows and came right up to me and splashed in the mud at a mere 20 yards. He left and I called him back again to 30 yards. When I first saw this bull I was tempted but as he got closer I could see he had short beams.

Day 5:
One of the best days I have had while out in the hills with elk. I meet up with Buzz after the morning hunt and we decided to explore some country. We glassed a meadow and instantly saw a cow elk beded. We then watched a great bull walk right past her. We grabbed our gear and headed down to him. On the way down we could tell we hit the jackpot because elk were everywhere. He snaked through numerous elk trying to get close to the big bull. We got as close as we dared and started watching the show. We watched as 3 different bulls walked from the far meadow to check out the big bull. Then suddenly I looked over at buzz and told him that a monster had just stepped out of the trees. Here is what we saw next.

After the fight the losing bull came running up to us and stopped at 25 yards. Both Buzz and I drew on him but due to the trees we were unable to get a shot. About 5 minutes later I told Buzz to get out in front and I think we could call that bull back in. After 5 minutes of calling a small 6 point came running in. I thought the gig was up until I saw buzz draw his bow. The losing bull came back and gave him a 25 yard shot through a small window. As the arrow went throw the trees it was deflected and sailed cleanly over his back. He was a little upset about the miss but for some reason I think he is ok with it now. :D The bull in the end of the video is the one that he missed. Still another great bull.

As they walked down, there was another opening and they saw some cows and a 330 Class bull. Worthy of taking a poke at. As they moved closer a 5 point came out into the opening. Should have been a 6, the size was all there but it only had 5 points. It walked by and ignored the 340. There were exchanges of Bugling and cows talking and the noise was on. A 6 point about the size of the 5 point came out as well. It didn't want anything to do with the 340. More talking. Then, a bull that was about 350-360 came out. (EDIT, or 380" as we now know cuz It's dead) Video taping was taking place as it strolled into the meadow. It walked over like the other smaller bulls but turned to the 340 to square off. It wanted the 340's cows that were all over. Not a moment later "CRASH" as they butted heads. A cow was in the way to see the actualy head banging at first but the fighting went on a good 45 seconds to a minute. Kind of like when AZ402 wrestles his wife... only longer

Whats funny is when you told me on the phone there were "COWS" in the way, I thought you meant Cow Elk, When I saw the Video in Utah I was like.... "OHHHHHH a MOOOO COW" :D :p

IDB, there sure is a lot of "Manwich" on the breakfast/lunch/dinner menu don't ya think? :D It also appears there will be some sort of protein shakes for breakfast each and every day. My guess is that Moosie will have a lot to do with that. hump

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back