I want every butthole on the forum! By butthole i mean opinion.

Easy............get him a Ruger #1 Find a good used one or check as Ruger usually makes 3 chambering in different models of the #1 usually each year. Beautiful rifles that are strong side fluid. Cannot believe I just said that even if it was only in fun poking at all the crap going on today!

11399.html
For example how about this 275 Rigby / 7x57 Mauser!!

View attachment 271355
That’s an awesome option!

His only two mandates are a bolt action and no 270’s so you’ll have to submit another one!

The lefty market sucks right now, was hoping to build one for my son on a 700 action, but what I'm seeing for used, they would be the same price as a custom after truing.
Seriously look at the Gunwerks GRB if you go that route. 900 for a premium clone

My suggestion of a big thumper back on the first page didn't get a whole lot of traction. After finding out that he doesn't handload, it clearly wouldn't be a good idea. But now I'm gonna ask, "Why not a .270?" He's already familiar with the caliber and has ammo. Just transition to a bolt platform. What will a .308 or 6.5 or '06 do that the .270 won't? I would either stick with the same cartridge or get something that does something significantly different.

Unless this is just the usual chatter about justifying another new gun, in which case sure, go ahead and spend the money.

QQ

Do you know Sakoriflestore.com is legit? It lets me add everything I click on to my cart and the price on the linked rifle is about $1600 less than what JD Outfitters is asking for the same gun on Gunbroker.
To be fair, JD is also charging 75% more than what they’re worth, lefty tax included. I got my Bavarian for 2100 in 2020.

@brockel, hook him up.

I’d look for something interesting that makes a larger hole. Nice chunk of walnut.I’m partial to m70 actions. Integrated supressor?

I think you’re light on the budget.

And no, I’ve got nothing like I just described.

Hmm. A Remington pump would work for a left-hander. Dad wouldn't be cycling a left-handed bolt action on his shoulder so no problem cycling a right-handed pump off his shoulder. He doesn't have to change hands to cycle a right-handed pump. It would work. 30-06 may be boring but they work. And, though they look lightweight, the 760/7600 is actually a stout rifle, especially wearing walnut. Recoil is very manageable. Very well balanced weight and thin profile means these guns carry well, both in hand and on the shoulder. Perhaps the most comfortable repeating rifle to switch shoulders when slung.760 remodelled.JPG

Sako 85 if you can find the right one with the right stock. A Blaser with a nice wood stock will put you over the 6k mark most likely. Cooper M52 is a great option. I don't care for the lines of Dakota rifles as the grip angle makes me feel like I should be shooting quail. As a former Ruger No 1 owner, I would not recommend it. As a fellow southpaw, my once-in-a-lifetime dream gun..Winchester M70. There are a few out there and with your budget there is room to rebarrel or rebore anyway you see fit. Ask @shrapnel where he gets all his fancy wood stocks from and drop in that M70. A high gloss barrel and action with the M70 jeweled bolt paired with a tight-grain deep finish on a great stock would make anyone want to get back in the woods. The gun might be so nice that he takes his old 270 though!

Sako 85 if you can find the right one with the right stock. A Blaser with a nice wood stock will put you over the 6k mark most likely. Cooper M52 is a great option. I don't care for the lines of Dakota rifles as the grip angle makes me feel like I should be shooting quail. As a former Ruger No 1 owner, I would not recommend it. As a fellow southpaw, my once-in-a-lifetime dream gun..Winchester M70. There are a few out there and with your budget there is room to rebarrel or rebore anyway you see fit. Ask @shrapnel where he gets all his fancy wood stocks from and drop in that M70. A high gloss barrel and action with the M70 jeweled bolt paired with a tight-grain deep finish on a great stock would make anyone want to get back in the woods. The gun might be so nice that he takes his old 270 though!
Surprising the beautiful wood stocks that show up all the time on eBay peddled by idiots "upgrading" to synthetic and dumping their walnut.

Weatherby Mark V Deluxe can be customized. Made in Sheridan, WY

1680998187265.png

Back