Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

I want every butthole on the forum! By butthole i mean opinion.

Hilljackoutlaw

I'm gonna get my Dad a left handed bolt action rifle. Only stipulation is it must be wood stock and not a .270 He already has two .270's. He hunts mainly Pennsylvania big timber for deer. Unlimited budget what are you'll buying your Dad?

"Unlimited budget" means different things to different people. Really unlimited? I like big bullets at moderate velocities, so I would love to play with a .416 Rigby and load it down to a manageable velocity and recoil. He would instantly be the coolest guy in the woods.

QQ
Let's be serious and say 6K. This is a dead serious question ladies and gentlemen. I want buttholes that have seen action....not heard about action.
Seriously tho, 11 years ago I moved west and my dad has slowly gave up on hunting for multiple bullshit reasons. Mostly cause im gone. Im gonna ignite his fire for his cheap ass!! So help me out.

Get him a Sako 85 Hunter and put some nice glass on it. Tikka offers a left hand T3X Hunter that has a wood stock. Weatherby is moving to mostly synthetic stocks but I think they still offer a wood stock model. I think everyone should have at least one 300 Weatherby in a lifetime. 😀

Since we are going wood stock, after seeing the Ruger he’s working on I’m sending it to @p_ham for that treatment. I’d hunt down a stainless lefty 700 and have it all trued up. Defiance also builds a couple of left hand options but since their price increase I’d have a hard time justifying it. I’d chamber it in 7mm-08/308 if short action or 25-06/30-06 if long action so it’s comparable to what he shoots now. I like the Timney elite hunter triggers but there are plenty of good options. If it’s one of the pre x-mark guns they can just be worked to be awesome. Glass I’m leaning toward a Swaro, either the Z3 3-10x42 or Z5 3.5-18x44 if it’s in the budget. A Leupold VX5 3-15 or VX6 3-18 would also be a solid option and drop it in a set of Talleys.

Last edited:
If you want to show your sophisticated side and flex your money muscle, I’ve heard that Blaser makes left handed straight pulls.

Weatherby makes lefties in wood. For a bit less, Browning still makes some really good looking wood guns.

I would be calling Jim Borden at Borden Rifles Springville, PA. Incredible rifles that shoot better than either one of you will likely ever be able. He could set you dad up with any caliber. I have one of his 6.5x47. It shoots bug holes and doesn’t kick like a mule. Not sure how old you dad is but he might appreciate that.

Look no further buddy, there are a couple different models they make in wood stock in lefty but this one seems to fit the bill. You would not be sorry

Look no further buddy, there are a couple different models they make in wood stock in lefty but this one seems to fit the bill. You would not be sorry

I forgot about Coopers (mainly because they are way out of my price range), but they sure are pretty rifles.

I'm gonna get my Dad a left handed bolt action rifle. Only stipulation is it must be wood stock and not a .270 He already has two .270's. He hunts mainly Pennsylvania big timber for deer. Unlimited budget what are you'll buying your Dad?
Probably a ton of lefty rifles on pennswoods classifieds but I’m sure they are beat up or stolen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back