I THINK I am going to take the leap.....

If you don't mind could you share what prices you are being quoted?
So far from mid 30s to just below 40.......just had a REALLY bad case of false advertising today with a dealer out of Vegas. Called ford and I am going to push it because it is UGLY how they operate.

Isn't long distance shopping weird on vehicles?

I too had one case of what I considered bad ethics from a UT dealer.

It quickly became evident which dealers were motivated sellers in that they flat out moved the inventory. Twice I had the truck I was attempting to buy get sold to another.

I have a 2018 f-150 5.0 v8 and hate it. Nothing but issues since I’ve had it. 7k in warranty work and the thing still doesn’t drive right. The 10 speed trans is trash IMO. My brother in law has the 2017 5.0 with no issues though.

Instead of the 6.2 in the F250, try out the new 7.3 (gas). We have had one for 5 months now and are very impressed with towing and mileage.

ehat are you getting for mileage? What cab/box configuration?

If you google any truck or motor out there you will find someone who says there are problems with it. I have the 3.5 EB and I wouldn't trade it for any motor on the market today; it just simply does it all well!

mid trade mine for a Ram in a heartbeat.

There is a $600 upcharge for the 3.5 and vs 5.0 4x4 mpg on the highway the difference is 2 mpg( 22-24). The only real difference noted on fuel economy is city driving, of which I do almost zero. Given the miles I drive at current fuel costs it will take 7-8 years just to make up the $600. As for maintenance, per the mechanics I have spoken with, there are 2 issues that I want to stay away from the possibility of....cost of a turbo going out and the additional labor cost of having to remove and replace turbo for many unrelated issues. These are BIG costs that there is no chance of with a 5.0.

Can you name one person that you actually know that has had an issue with a turbo on a recent truck?

Can you name one person that you actually know that has had an issue with a turbo on a recent truck?
As I said....I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with the EBs.....but I don't want to pay extra and I DO listen to the mechanics I know and trust who say that when more than basic maintenance is necessary (and I do intend to keep this truck long term) the cost due to dealing with the turbos in the engine bay. Pretty simple to me that there is no reason for ME to mess with the possibility.

I had a 2014 F-150 Platinum with a V-8 and replaced it with a 2018 F-150 Platinum EB.

The 2018 EB towed better than the 2014 V-8 but the difference seemed to be the six speed vs ten speed transmission. That said, my EB cracked a head at 45,000 which upset me. It was fixed under warranty but still...

I now have a 2500 GMC Denali with the Duramax and I am not going back. Its certainly a different truck than the F-150 but it just suits what I do better.

Kind of/maybe... A few years ago I threw a low boost code on the way to hunt Colorado. Mechanic when I got home determined passenger turbo. Drove it for a year in arizona and seemed fine until a return to Colorado and get the same code. Original mechanic is at a loss. New mechanic scratches his head and comes up with a few hundred dollars in sensors and wastegate bs that might be the issue, but no promises. Truck is fine until next long grade and code comes back. This time I dive into the internet and YouTube looking for anything that might fix it before getting rid of it. Found a YouTube video with a headline “before you replace an eco boost turbo check this”. Turns out there’s a $60 blow off valve plugged into the intercooler. Mine had a tear in it just like the guy in the video. 2 bolts later truck runs good as new.

In summary I have had a turbo replaced. It probably didn’t have anything wrong with it though. I like the truck, but it’s clearly a diagnostic challenge for some mechanics.

I have a 2018 f-150 5.0 v8 and hate it. Nothing but issues since I’ve had it. 7k in warranty work and the thing still doesn’t drive right. The 10 speed trans is trash IMO. My brother in law has the 2017 5.0 with no issues though.
If, you are having weird shifting /hard or rough shifting with the 10 speed.
Ask the dealer tech to turn off the adaptive learning for the transmission.
Not just reset it turn it off.
The computer is supposed to adapt to your driving style but it doesn't seem to do well with some people's driving styles.

Looks like I might have another lead. This one is in Ohio but almost exactly what I would order....even the color is close. Just under $37k.
I hesitate to type this because it may be corrected already but....
Have you looked at the 5.0 oil consumption issues since starting the plasma arc cylinder liners? 2018+

I have seen it and am aware of the TSB to ensure coverage if there is an issue (they replace the long block if there is). Also there was an engine update as of fall of '19

It is now official, I put the deposit down on this guy :) https://www.fairwayfordohio.com/new...field-OH-0be7c2730a0e0ae8650d971b03003e25.htm Black was my second choice color and I ended up with a few extras (rear defrost, chrome, alloy wheels, 36 gal tank, bedliner and running boards) that I would not have optioned myself but am good with. I will fly into Cleveland (dealership will pick me up) and then take a nice long drive :)

The rear defrost is nice, as well as having the 36 gallon fuel tank. Sucks filling up when prices are high, but the range between fillups is awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back