I THINK I am going to take the leap.....

36 gallon tank would be great. My new truck has a 24. Still an improvement over the 20 gal on my old truck. 20 gallons on the toyota wasnt quite enough to make it all the way home from work without stopping for gas. 24 on the chevy can do it

So in your search did you hear these?

-"sorry we just sold that truck but we have another you may be interested in. Its nothing like what you were looking for but..."(If you look next week the original truck you called about will still be "instock" on the website).
-"Im sorry that price was a mistake the actual price of that truck is $1234 more."
-"Those were listed general options this truck doesn't actually have that particular option."
Sales people love to waste buyers time with their fishing expeditions.

I would take two of these if they were actually available or should I say if they were real.

Last edited:
So in your search did you hear these?

-"sorry we just sold that truck but we have another you may be interested in. Its nothing like what you were looking for but..."(If you look next week the original truck you called about will still be "instock" on the website).
-"Im sorry that price was a mistake the actual price of that truck is $1234 more."
-"Those were listed general options this truck doesn't actually have that particular option."
Sales people love to waste buyers time with their fishing expeditions.

I would take two of these if they were actually available or should I say if they were real.

That link is now dead, but to answer your question....YES!!! A BUNCH of bait and switchers......I had several that were listed (both on Cars.com and their own sites) that were shown with "fleet" prices and were not stock (even though they showed a stock number AND VIN- the prices show just how much profit dealers/Ford actually make). The worst part for me was finding out that manufacturers don't have ANY interest/ability at taking action against them. I got on one fan page and was told by a manufacturer exec (on there anonymously) that they are legally restricted from "interfering" in the dealerships business as they are totally separate entities. I know that no Japanese manufacturer would put up with such shenanigans. When I bought the Taco I had in 09 the dealer experience was HORRIBLE. I filled out the Toyota survey accordingly and got phone calls with copious amount of "mea culpa" from the dealer within a single DAY ( I had already moved out of state so it didn't matter). This dealership was very straight forward and responsive.....to the point of offering to pick me up at the airport more than an hour away without me having to ask. Dealt directly with the sales manager and everything happened efficiently.

Glad to see it. I called and told them I wanted it! I was told it was a mistake 2021 f250 xlt 4x4 for under $32,000
Since they took it down maybe it was an actual mistake.
The one really bad one in Vegas did that.....and then reposted the next day.

That link is now dead, but to answer your question....YES!!! A BUNCH of bait and switchers......I had several that were listed (both on Cars.com and their own sites) that were shown with "fleet" prices and were not stock (even though they showed a stock number AND VIN- the prices show just how much profit dealers/Ford actually make). The worst part for me was finding out that manufacturers don't have ANY interest/ability at taking action against them. I got on one fan page and was told by a manufacturer exec (on there anonymously) that they are legally restricted from "interfering" in the dealerships business as they are totally separate entities. I know that no Japanese manufacturer would put up with such shenanigans. When I bought the Taco I had in 09 the dealer experience was HORRIBLE. I filled out the Toyota survey accordingly and got phone calls with copious amount of "mea culpa" from the dealer within a single DAY ( I had already moved out of state so it didn't matter). This dealership was very straight forward and responsive.....to the point of offering to pick me up at the airport more than an hour away without me having to ask. Dealt directly with the sales manager and everything happened efficiently.
I had a local Ford dealership try to get $1000 extra out of me and not apply a ceramic coating I paid extra for.
Called Ford and the next day had a $1000 check from the dealership owner and a blank check for my vehicle detailer to apply the coating.

Not trying to argue with what you were told, but I was impressed with my experience (with Ford not the dealer).
These are also two different situations

I had a local Ford dealership try to get $1000 extra out of me and not apply a ceramic coating I paid extra for.
Called Ford and the next day had a $1000 check from the dealership owner and a blank check for my vehicle detailer to apply the coating.

Not trying to argue with what you were told, but I was impressed with my experience (with Ford not the dealer).
These are also two different situations
Wish they would have done that for me....all Ford did was say they would send the complaint to the SALES MANAGER :ROFLMAO: Could never get any of the dealership leadership to answer a call directly or emails. It is Gaudin Ford in Vegas to go ahead and OUT them......

Got my first 2 accessories for "the truck to be named later" ......cell phone holder and stubby antenna. Not sure if this tailgate is easy down or not. If not a Dee Zee kit will be next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back