I think I am going to cry.

stilllearning

100_4034.jpg

100_4035.jpg

100_4036.jpg

This is the letter I sent to Bear customer service tonight.

"Good evening.

I had purchased this bow recently in good shootable condition. I let a friend draw it back that was not used to a compound. as he was trying to let it off the string rolled off his fingers and the bow was dry fired. After close inspection I have found that the upper limb has been damaged.
I have attached photos for you to take a look at for me and in your opinion does this require a replacement limb? If you think it should be replaced do you have any replacement limbs in stock. I am located in Fredericton New Brunswick Canada and there is no dealers in the area. If you do have a limb can you give me some idea as to the cost of sending it here?
The specs of this bow are listed below:
Bear Sportsman
serial number 1564384
Draw weight is set at 55# at 29"
Limbs: Straight compression Moulded CarbonGlass
Amo string length 36"
Amo axle to axle 41"
Camo pattern limbs"

I did not see a thing on the limb the other night but I thought I should check it again before I shot tonight and found the limb damaged. I think I am going to throw up as I have already sold my old bow. This s u c k s.

Your looking at an old round wheel bow thats probably around 15 yrs old, its not even worth fooling with.

Never ever let anyone pull back your bow unless they intend on shooting it.

I do not know why the first thing everyone always does is try to pull back a bow, it is a mystery to me.

Hope you get it figured out before the season. I may have a 2001 High country, premier force up for sale shortly.

Easyly said by some but I don't have the money for anything else. I may be done.

First off limbs are sold in pairs not singles so even if they had those limbs in stock (which I doubt) they will probably cost you $150 then the cost of install unless you have a bowpress and do it yourself, you would be better off buying a used bow. I hope it works out for you!

Yes that is true. Didn't think I needed to mention that. Never thought I may have been giveing someone new at this a thought that they could buy one limb and make it work. Thanks for the clarrification.:D

First off a little sad news as my buddies place that I get everything shipped to is getting back to normal slowly. They had the funeral for his Dad today so things can move forward for that family now.

I also picked up the package from BT with the new limbs in it.
:eek: :eek: :eek: ;)
Yea right was I shocked.

here is the upper limb.

100_4062.jpg

The lower limb.

100_4063.jpg

The riser. Yup I said riser.

100_4060.jpg

I meant to take a pic as it came out of the box but forgot so here it is with a small amount of work done to it. The sight and cable guard are on but that is all.

100_4061.jpg

and here it is after I got done playing with it this evening.

100_4064.jpg

I can not wait to shoot this bad boy. This thing was new in the box and he sent the cam package for different draw lengths as well.

It is plain to say the archers in the archery world sure do stick together. I already told BT that if anyone knows of someone with a Bear Sportsman that needs parts to let me know. Keep in mind the upper limb is shot.

:D :D :D :D

I could not resist and went out tonight to try and get the bow hitting the target.

100_4092.jpg

and after a few touch ups on the sights this is what I came up with for a group.
100_4099.jpg

Now I admit I was scared of missing the target so I started at 10 yards. I move out to 20 yards but I became tired and groups were not as good and will still require some tunning.

100_4100.jpg

but I did try 2 more shots at 10 again and got this.

100_4101.jpg

I LOVE THIS THING

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back