My bow is toast :(

Flatbrimmer

Well I was shooting in the garage like usual, just getting my few shots in for the day and on this calm evening I heard some noise from my bow that sounded unusual, so while at full draw, I looked at the slide and rest and both cams and noticed there was a washer floating between my cams and a spacer missing that fills the void between the cams! 30E82456-7921-4507-A362-2982125F74B4.jpeg
I call my archery buddy whom I purchased it from second hand (well respected archery company owner I trust 110%) he said he cannot work on it because of his press and he wouldn’t have the variety of spacers needed like at the dealer. Went to the local archery shop, and they put the spacer in and immediately noticed the axel was bent. CD788D7D-E3E3-43A9-91E2-B8471A83F2E8.jpeg
He put a brand new one in and let the press off and still we noticed it appeared bent. After multiple swaps we determined the hole in the limb was egg shaped or oblong creating tension where it doesn’t belong. The dealer suggested I mail it to PSE and they’ll fix it. After an email exchange with PSE service department it appears that since my bow is so old (07) they no longer carry any parts nor will they give me credit toward a new PSE (as the dealer suggested). When asked if i can expect that a PSE belongs in the trash every 10 years Because it’s obsolete so they don’t care to service them anymore, he said only if I can’t find limbs for them! Said I can look up the limbs second hand on eBay or archery talk. I can’t find diddly squat and I can’t afford a brand new bow.. Perhaps one of you fine HT’ers know how to do better digital digging than I? Im hopeful there is a chance to keep it in the family. I’ve grown quite attached! Thank you All in advance!!

07 PSE XForce GX
SERIAL # 1743468
Limbs 869TSD15

From my own experiences, most manufacturers do not support products for very many years. They are trying to sell you a new one. Kind of goes against the service side of things but thats the way it is. Ebay and a couple of other archery forums that have classifieds are your best bet to locate parts. Without them in hand, its hard to say how well you would fail. Personally, you might be better off just buying a different used bow as they seem to lose value fast. I'm currently shooting an 06 bow and it seems to work very well. Most of the components do not wear out short of the string sets. You can probably sell the riser to someone to make a frankenbow recurve out of. Good luck

Last edited:
I have a 2014 PSE Surge that shoots well for me. Hope it is not near its half life yet.

I was shooting a 1968 Kodiak Hunter tonight. It shot great but I know in the back of my mind that someday sometime, its going to be toast. Anything that generates or receives the energy modern bows make will not last forever. That 1968 bow is 54 years old. I dont think the modern compounds will last that long. I'll be gone before we find out.

Man that sucks. I to get fond of bows, fishing poles, and what not.
A few years back I had a piece on one of my limbs of my 2003 hoyt razortec peeling.. called hoyt they said they would fix it if I sent in for free or if I wanted to use my local dealer they would provide the hardware, but I pay the labor. I chose the dealer and paid a whopping $30. If I still had that bow I'd send it to you but I gave it to another guy who set it up for bow fishing.

Man that sucks. I to get fond of bows, fishing poles, and what not.
A few years back I had a piece on one of my limbs of my 2003 hoyt razortec peeling.. called hoyt they said they would fix it if I sent in for free or if I wanted to use my local dealer they would provide the hardware, but I pay the labor. I chose the dealer and paid a whopping $30. If I still had that bow I'd send it to you but I gave it to another guy who set it up for bow fishing.
While I certainly appreciate the generous sentiment, that shows the difference in customer service between the two companies IMO and I think that’s the major takeaway. Yours had age on mine and Hoyt still offered you options even at a couple years ago.. I’m currently putting cash down every week if I can, to my same buddy on another secondhand bow. A Hoyt! Hopefully i can keep it awhile!

The point of the post though, i know some people nerd out on archery-over-anything; if you (anyone) know how to find these limbs and send the info my way with 110% certainty they’re the same shit I might be inclined to pay a finders fee. Lmfao

I have a 2014 PSE Surge that shoots well for me. Hope it is not near its half life yet.
Getting close. If you want new cams limbs etc I’d suggest getting backups now, not in another 3-5 when you need them. Seriously

What is your used bow / parts budget? There’s some decent new bows out there for pretty cheap. You don’t have to go pro line. You have the sight, quiver and rest… you could probably pick up a decent bare bow for brand new for 300. I’m not advocating for this, but my buddy just got back into archery and bought a Chinese Amazon bow and it’s not bad. I think he paid 150ish.

That said, I understand this was not the point of your post :) lol

I will check to see if I still have a set. I changed out a set for a guy that just had to have a 70lb when I tried to recommend a 60#. He realized I was right and I ordered him 60# limbs. I am pretty sure I have axles as well. I owned and operated an archery shop from 06-12.

I will check to see if I still have a set. I changed out a set for a guy that just had to have a 70lb when I tried to recommend a 60#. He realized I was right and I ordered him 60# limbs. I am pretty sure I have axles as well. I owned and operated an archery shop from 06-12.
Lol nice. honestly any limbs 50-70 lb, if you told me you had a set that would fit at 50 lb I’d give just as well give it to the wife! 70 is what’s on it and listed in model number. I really appreciate your time looking for me too!

Lol nice. honestly any limbs 50-70 lb, if you told me you had a set that would fit at 50 lb I’d give just as well give it to the wife! 70 is what’s on it and listed in model number. I really appreciate your time looking for me too!
No problem and glad to help. Honestly I sold a lot of those bows with 50lb limbs because they were spitting the arrow out so fast that a 50lb bow was doing what a 60lb bow could do with less effort. I just have to look in my limb selection and see what I have. It really surprises me that PSE doesn't have limbs that would work. The limbs don't have to be from that model as long as the length and deflection match up. I have built bows with spare parts before just playing around. The hard part doing that is building the correct string and cable set up!

Sounds to me PSE has gotten a little too comfy in their success and their customer service now sucks. Not surprising in our “disposable” product society. Par for the course with a bunch of these companies. My first bow was a browning can’t remember the model back in the 90s. I nicked the top v-string getting a broadhead out of the quiver on an elk hunt. Of course that bow blew like a firecracker when I drew back on the elk. I couldn’t believe when browning fixed it no question asked at no cost to me. It was totally my fault. I have had no qualms about buying browning products there forth. But that was a long time ago so who knows now. Point is, that one customer service experience gave me a positive opinion of browning that to this day I am sharing. Pse should try it.

That stinks man. I was in your boat about three months ago. I was shooting off our deck, was at full draw and the 2005 Hoyt Vtec made a very loud "crack". I let down and heard something hit the deck. I found a black piece of plastic and sure enough the limb pocket spacer snapped in two. I am so glad I let it down and did not shoot it.

I searched the interwebs and found some in Australia but that was it. I called Hoyt and to my surprise the guy at the other end of the line said "Yeah we have a bunch of those, but I can't sell them to you, you have to take it to a Hoyt dealer."

I took it to a dealer here in town and we spent 20 minutes arguing. He wanted me to buy a new bow and insisted Hoyt didn't make the parts for it, I kept telling him to call Hoyt.

He eventually called Hoyt and sure enough they had them in stock. 85 bucks later and my old Hoyt is shooting good as new.

That stinks man. I was in your boat about three months ago. I was shooting off our deck, was at full draw and the 2005 Hoyt Vtec made a very loud "crack". I let down and heard something hit the deck. I found a black piece of plastic and sure enough the limb pocket spacer snapped in two. I am so glad I let it down and did not shoot it.

I searched the interwebs and found some in Australia but that was it. I called Hoyt and to my surprise the guy at the other end of the line said "Yeah we have a bunch of those, but I can't sell them to you, you have to take it to a Hoyt dealer."

I took it to a dealer here in town and we spent 20 minutes arguing. He wanted me to buy a new bow and insisted Hoyt didn't make the parts for it, I kept telling him to call Hoyt.

He eventually called Hoyt and sure enough they had them in stock. 85 bucks later and my old Hoyt is shooting good as new.
Glad I’m getting this second-hand Hoyt then. Lol I’ve heard 3-4 good reviews about Hoyt now since this happened. I’ve already gotten to bring it home and plan on sending a few arrows after work to get it sighted in

Well I checked where I thought they might be and I could only find some Browning Micro Midas linbs and some XI (PSE) limbs. I moved 3 years ago and some things got put away and am still finding stuff. Also my storage locker that I rented while moving got broken into and I had a Matco tool cart that I kept a lot of bow parts in was stolen along with a bow press, Sthil chain saw, and a bunch of tools. I don't remember the limbs being in the tool cart, but if I find them they are yours!

No worries at all, Friend. If you turn some up that’d be sweet. If not, this post will forever hold the serial numbers I need to reference to find them in the future if someone posts them up later on.. I don’t really know what to look for in the number to identify the same limbs at 50 lbs though. what would “869TSD15” look like for 50 lbs limbs or different color?

Pretty much what part of it is for my frame, and what parts represent color or lbs, which don’t matter much ?

These guys have been selling pse since at least 2000 and they’ve got chit stacked everywhere.
Might try them.
Ask for cole, he’s the owner and he’s pretty cool and would prob know if he did or didn’t have them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back