Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

I need help..... Have a raghorn problem!

Well for the third year in a row, a raghorn got too close to me! I had a big long post of the story but I messed something up and it's gone now.... So long story short;

I saw this bull bedded with only a half hour of light left and decided to make a stalk. My first shot at 52 dove right for unknown reasons ( I am thinking soaking wet string from a constant rain all night) but my second shot at 55 found its mark and the bull only went about 100 yards.

After quartering and hanging the meat by myself, in the rain, at night, on a steep hill..... (which only took me an hour and a half!) I called in the reinforcements for the next morning in the form of my brother and his Spotted Saddle Horse, Jethro to retreive him the next day.

On of these years I will shoot a mature bull with my bow, unless another raghorn slips up! ;)

Attachments

• elk 2016.jpg
    elk 2016.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 738
  • elk 2 2016.jpg
    elk 2 2016.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 731
Congrats! I'll trade you my un-notched tag problem for your raghorn problem, heck I'll even through in two brothers for your one if we start making a deal.

Nice, and looks like great help, but good Lord get rid of the lower leg! :)

Rain, cold, dark, misery; it is your friend. You can never feel more primal. Congratulations.

Congrats. I suffer from the same problem. I hunted elk for too long without harvesting one so most branch antlered bulls that present a shot get an arrow flung at them.

Three years with successful bow hunts is definitely not a problem. HOWEVER, if you are bent on getting bigger antlers, then you have got to leave the release in your pocket when you see the little ones!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back