I need a new career or something

I always thought it was 13 weeks, and, then sometimes another 13 weeks.... Going on 104 weeks is just abuse on his part and on the Republican's part for creating an incentive for people to not work.

You're lame.

I hope Nut finds a great job, he seems like a solid guy.

I hope he finds a job too. But shit, welfare is tapping us all out. And yes, unemployment is welfare. I wouldn't wipe someone's ass for any amount of money. If you can.... then kudos to you. Someone needs to do it. LOL. Good luck.

Nut, I gotta jump on the RN bandwagon. My wife and I are both RN's, due to the shortage, there is alot of grant money and 2 year programs out there. Starting wage out here in the middle of nowhere has more than doubled since I started 15 years ago, and in the cities there is big dollars being made. Soo many options out there, and they tend to push the guys toward supervisory and administrative positions. Growing up, I never thought I would be a nurse, but have never regretted it, or had to look for a job.

My girlfriend switched from accounting to being a bus driver. The school district trained her, then Coach USA retrained her. She has a lot of fun driving all over the place and gets paid. You could get a summer tour job at Denali and stay in AK for the summer too, that would be cool after your son graduates for sure.

I have a friend who got trained in emergency medicine in his 50s, he drives an ambulance, pretty stable work there. All the old people will need ambulances, plus, all the young drunks, etc. He's in his 50s and he already got promotted and is some kind of manager/coordinator.

Here's one, plenty of fishing there:

Tour Bus Driver at Brooks Lodge
Job Location: Katmai National Park, AK, United States
Job Description:

Must be atleast 25 years of age and possess a current Alaska Commercial Driver's License. Responsibilities include the operation of a 28 passenger tour bus and the successful applicant nees to eventually gain a well rounded knowledge of all aspects of Katmai National Park including wildlife, vegetation and geology. Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.

Brooks Lodge approximate season dates: May 20 - September 20, 2009

Job Requirements:

Please call our Anchorage Office at 1-800-544-0551 to discuss job requirements and experience needed. Visit our web site at www.katmailand.com for an application. Contact Jim Albert Brooks Lodge Manager between 9am-4pm Alaska Standard Time Monday-Friday.
How To Apply:

Because of the difficulty with interviewing, checking references, documentation, labor laws and travel costs we do not hire foreign workers. Please do NOT apply if you are not a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. National.

View and print out the Katmailand Seasonal Employment Application
Complete your application
Mail to: Katmailand, Inc., 4125 Aircraft Drive, Anchorage, AK 99502.
~ or ~
Email to: [email protected]
~ or ~
Fax to: (907)243-0649.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.denalialaskajobs.com has a bunch more at Denali too.

Nut, my wife is an Oncology RN, she works no overtime, and her salary is in the 70's. 5 days a week 8 hours a day, no holidays, no weekends. Her benefits are pretty good too.

Back