Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

I need a new career or something

Nut

This getting laid off the last few years stinks. I had my resume updated today and will be talking to someone Tuesday about getting some education/training for a possible change. Being 49 years old eliminates doctor or lawyer:eek: but I saw I could be a LPN after a short time.

What are other things I could look into?:confused:

LPN would give you a lot of job security if anything. Sorry to hear you got laid off again nut.

Law Enforcement/City work tends tends to be consistent, usually just involves a physical test, then going to the academy.

You would always have a job in nursing. Just have to decide if it's something you really want to do.

I don't know about back there, but out here there are always people looking for drivers with CDL's.

Most any health care position is good to great for steady work. In a recent article I read, the only two sectors expected to grow in jobs in '09 are health care and the government. My wife's a nurse and I'm not quite sure I'm ready or willing to do some of the things she's had to do... :eek: But, if steady is mostly what the change is for, then I say go for it.

Ever try Sales...Free on the job training.[most cases].. If your good you can make $$$$ even in a down economy

If I could make one suggestion regarding nursing. If you are going to spend the time, skip over LPN if at all possible. You can get a 2 year RN degree and your pay/job description will be much better. LPN's wipe butts and change beds. RN's tell LPN's to wipe butts and change beds. My wife has been an RN for 15+ years and my dad has been an LPN for 20+ years. When they talk about their jobs and what they do, they are light years apart. If you decide on nursing, I would definately do the extra time and get the RN degree. You can also go back later and convert that to a 4 year degree which would open up a bunch more options. Just my opinion.

If I could make one suggestion regarding nursing. If you are going to spend the time, skip over LPN if at all possible. You can get a 2 year RN degree and your pay/job description will be much better. LPN's wipe butts and change beds. RN's tell LPN's to wipe butts and change beds. My wife has been an RN for 15+ years and my dad has been an LPN for 20+ years. When they talk about their jobs and what they do, they are light years apart. If you decide on nursing, I would definately do the extra time and get the RN degree. You can also go back later and convert that to a 4 year degree which would open up a bunch more options. Just my opinion.
My wife agrees totally!

Ever try Sales...Free on the job training.[most cases].. If your good you can make $$$$ even in a down economy

If you ain't making money producing a product in the manufacturing end right now, there isn't much chance that the sales guys who were selling the product are making money either.

There are plenty of car salesmen, real estate sales people, etc.. etc... that are not seeing commission checks right now.

If you ain't making money producing a product in the manufacturing end right now, there isn't much chance that the sales guys who were selling the product are making money either.

There are plenty of car salesmen, real estate sales people, etc.. etc... that are not seeing commission checks right now.

Jose, Sales drives Production... not the other way aroundhump

Trust me there are great salesmen who make big money in down marketshump
Gold /Gun sellers are making a killing!

Even in real-estate and car sales... less salesman= less competition...you just have to be good/smart... sorry you don't qualify:D

Fred...hate to hear it...again.

I believe it will not be long till there are many posts being made here just like this. Never know...I may be next.

Man there are quite a few hurdles for me to do now. However I am starting to do the beginning. Maybe I should have found a way to continue back in 1991.:rolleyes:;)

I am not a salesperson. I do have a ideal on what my strengths and weaknesses are and will see what comes of interest. If this was June 2010 I woould just move to where I can get a job. I want Martin to finish the last year of high school at the same one.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back