I, Josh, take thee (insert your name here) to be my hunting partner....

JustJosh

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum, but not to hunting. I have been chasing whitetails in N. MN for close to 20yrs. But, now I am looking to pursue Elk. My father has gone elk hunting in MT for the past few years. But, I cannot hunt with his group on the private land they utilize near Livingston. While I have no problem going solo, my wife (who watches too many movies and shows, like “127hrs” last night), tells me I have to go with someone for safety’s sake. So, here I am, turning Hunt Talk into a dating site.

Anyone else interested in an elk hunt? Here are my details, so you know what you are getting into if you message me:

-Goal: Elk hunt in CO/MT/WY. Private or public land. While I am keen on a bull, I am fine with a cow, too. I prefer meat in a freezer vs taking a trophy.
-Gear: I have most of it, from the hot tent to a stove and other items. I do lack a spotting scope, and need to pick one up.
-Availability: I work remotely, and have plenty of PTO built up. So, staying in the field for 10-14 days is doable.
-Details: I live in the Twin Cities area of MN, but am open to meeting and working with someone who has elk hunting knowledge and wants company to help shoulder the work involved in a DIY hunt.

Thank you for taking the time to review this.

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum, but not to hunting. I have been chasing whitetails in N. MN for close to 20yrs. But, now I am looking to pursue Elk. My father has gone elk hunting in MT for the past few years. But, I cannot hunt with his group on the private land they utilize near Livingston. While I have no problem going solo, my wife (who watches too many movies and shows, like “127hrs” last night), tells me I have to go with someone for safety’s sake. So, here I am, turning Hunt Talk into a dating site.

Anyone else interested in an elk hunt? Here are my details, so you know what you are getting into if you message me:

-Goal: Elk hunt in CO/MT/WY. Private or public land. While I am keen on a bull, I am fine with a cow, too. I prefer meat in a freezer vs taking a trophy.
-Gear: I have most of it, from the hot tent to a stove and other items. I do lack a spotting scope, and need to pick one up.
-Availability: I work remotely, and have plenty of PTO built up. So, staying in the field for 10-14 days is doable.
-Details: I live in the Twin Cities area of MN, but am open to meeting and working with someone who has elk hunting knowledge and wants company to help shoulder the work involved in a DIY hunt.

Thank you for taking the time to review this.
Josh,

I would highly recommend you get connected within your local chapter of BHA, or RMEF. I think you'll meet people who travel west to hunt elk and you'll have better luck finding a partner when they can vet you in person.

Archery or rifle? Hiking is ok, or are you religated to atv? Do you have PPs for WY or CO?
Side note, ever spent time in the boundary waters? My folks lived in MN for a minute and told me it should be on the bucket list...

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back