• Able to go 3 months.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Able to go 1 month

• Would be Fugged !!

• Total voters
Right now, or on April 16th? ;)

Normally, we have enough liquid in savings that we could probably go close to a year. I could pay the bills alone if she lost her job, and she could pay the majority if I lost mine, so the savings would last quite a while.

HAHA.. YAh, really..... you have an Extra 22k hanging around ?!?!? ;)

I've only got about 1 months in reserves unless I do some shifting of stuff. I have money locked up in some homes, retirement accounts, and such but really dont have "Liquid" cash to tap into. Changing jobs and not anticipating to get paid for 2-3 months really makes me look at $'s a little differnet now. Although a good thing, it's still not fun :D :D

At any rate, It's interesting how many people don't have cash reserves of ANY kind. Others can tap into stuff like I can but it's not easy. and some.. nd I would be only a handfull here, (Not couning the Retired CJCJ :p) could live OK if they didn't get any more income.

When I said "normally", I meant in about the last 1.5 years. :D Before that, we were dirt poor. You know that Moosie....you came and visited us in the single-wide. ;)

YAH... I've visited Jose in his Single wide too ;)

I'm interested in were the nombers end up. I put able to go 1 month... So far, I'm by far the worst one off here.. Yikes :D :D

I put 6 months, although that might be stetching it right now.

Hmm, this is post #5000. That's a lot of wasted time. ;)

5,000 posts ? YAh, What a loser ;)

Everything in life is wasted time..... but as long as you are enjoying it, do it !! :D :D

Bad poll.. to many variables. Can you borrow on your 401K on this poll?

On saving reserves, only 12 months, thats without loosing any of the little "nice" things in life, restaurant meals, cable tv, oaked chardonnay and overseas holidays,:D in 3 years time I won't care, Superannuation schemes will start to mature. hump

I only go to work because there's nothing better to do at home. ;)

We could live off either mine or my wifes income comfortably, still have enough in savings to get by for probaly a year or more even if we both lost our jobs. We don't have much debt and live pretty modestly.

With the severence pay, unused vacation time (over 250 hours) and cash on hand I figure we could make it for 3 months. Would prefer not to find out.

I am saying 6 months, it seems like a good portion goes to paying Company chit. If I let go of Employees...stretches it out to 6.5 Months. Good Employees make ya money. The wife came home 4 years ago and stated she was offically retired...did'nt go to that meeting I guess. Most of my money is tied up in a SEP account, I'll sit in a lobby of a bank with a gun and one bullet before I touch that. John

Today, about 6 months. After the 15th, maybe 3 months. I have some good bonuses coming this year so I should be over a year by September.

I'm talking cash, not cashing in IRAs, etc.

I put 6 months but If I cahsed out of real estate maybe could stretch it out there quite a bit more. ( If the market keeps going down would be 7 months)

5 years ago I could go 6 hours if I wasn't working. :eek:

Depends on what I liquidated in trems of investments...don't keep much straight cash (couple of months worth) as it doesn't do anything on the growth end (and is too accessible come hunting season;) )

I have enough for a year or a little more, but I may be buying an apartment building with Jorge, and my share of the down payment will end up eating up half of my cash on hand. But the building is under-valued, the rents will bring a nice ROI even with a higher vacancy-maintenance factor, etc.

Besides, if I lose my job, I can live in one of the units... ;)

Not too worried, but with tuition bills coming due in August, I may have to give up my morning coffee and doughnut. :mad:

Teenager for sale - Take over payments!

And my annual fuel bill that comes from my hunting travels in September-December, so I better make sure the cash is liquid.

More cash will be going out the door before year-end, than what comes in. Fortunately, the first half of the year is cash flow positive to a good degree.

Better raise my rates. Yup, raise my staff's rates also. :p

Moosie: Are you sending a warning that Hunttalk.com will be for sale on ebay pretty soon?

Moosie: Are you sending a warning that Hunttalk.com will be for sale on ebay pretty soon?

Why, Do you have a buyer :D:D

No, I'm just curious. the numbers are alot higher than I thought. But we're only getting some replies too :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back