I hate mice..... I mean I want to kill every last one of them

I feel all pain when it comes to the little vermin! One night in hunting camp in between seasons many years ago, a couple of former guides came rumbling in after dark, snowing like all get out, drunk off their asses! I gave up my bunk to one and threw my bedroll in the tack/grain tent! Dozens of the little darlings on me all night! I still have nightmares!

If mice are getting into your garage you need a new door. Or at least a better seal.
I dont have a garage at my hunting cabin where i got the mouse. Plan to build one when funds become available. We built the cabin in 2019 so still saving from that expendature. I have a ford ranger tremor and the shark fin antenae on top of the cab will hit the top of the garage opening so cant use my garage at home. It has a car already in it as well.

Whenever we bring a dumptruck or equipment in the shop for service I open all compartment doors. Leave them open and have a shop cat.
Also use dryer sheets (bounce)
They don't like the smell.

View attachment 307760The ol bucket worked this week.
Honestly, this was the first time I had tried it. Very doubtful it would work for a rat but for mice…spot on.

Anyhow, the biggest issue was what to do with them all. Take the 2x4 and just mash them? Not my kind of style. Today being Christmas I decided to drive them a mile away and turned them loose. Such a decision may gather some hate based on this thread 🤣

Anyhow, the biggest issue was what to do with them all. Take the 2x4 and just mash them? Not my kind of style. Today being Christmas I decided to drive them a mile away and turned them loose. Such a decision may gather some hate based on this thread 🤣

If you got a pond, you can take them to your dock and throw them in the “thunderdome” with the bass. If they make it to shore they have earned their freedom….

My bass, “aka piranhas” , are very hungry.

Honestly, this was the first time I had tried it. Very doubtful it would work for a rat but for mice…spot on.

Wimp. mtmuley

Not from me. There are ways to euthanize them humanly. Mashing with 2x4s is not among them. Nor drowning them. Cervical separation or thoracic compression are easier and quicker than walking down to the pond or hunting up a 2x4.

Not from me. There are ways to euthanize them humanly. Mashing with 2x4s is not among them. Nor drowning them. Cervical separation or thoracic compression are easier and quicker than walking down to the pond or hunting up a 2x4.
What do you do with mosquitoes?

We've had great luck with an ozone generator in the store room recently. Haven't tried it on a car yet, but any confined space should work. Basically a fogger but no chemicals to deal with afterwards. Make sure no pets or children can access. Apparently they're using CO in New York for big colonies, I wouldn't try that, it's really nasty stuff.

Put ‘em in a sack with a heavy stone in it, tie the sack and toss it in the water. Done.

Get the ol red Ryder back out and get some off-season trigger practice in.

CO2 is the correct answer. Compressed cylinder, ”melting“ dry ice, a lit candle- whatever. Lid on the bucket, run a hose in and displace all the oxygen. Walk away, dead within a minute.

Anything that displaces oxygen works, but that’s the easiest one to use and least harsh/dangerous to you. And it doesn’t burn your lungs or eyes like other things can.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back