PEAX Equipment

I hate mice..... I mean I want to kill every last one of them

Yeah, i think 1/4 might be too big too. Ill go with 1/8 i guess. Just dont want to go so small it effects air flow or easily gets clogged.
1/4 is fine. In my professional opinion as a former mouse rancher . :)

Hell, it happens. I just had my tractor sabotaged. But ain't nothing that justifies glue traps. Nothing. Screen is good. There are some other things as well.

Merry Christmas.

1/4 is fine. In my professional opinion as a former mouse rancher . :)

Hell, it happens. I just had my tractor sabotaged. But ain't nothing that justifies glue traps. Nothing. Screen is good. There are some other things as well.

Merry Christmas.
I had always heard that a mouse could get through 1/4"...maybe a small one.

I had always heard that a mouse could get through 1/4"...maybe a small one.
It's a lie. There are limits. FWIW, skin one out and do a Euro mount. Even 1/2" will work. I had pastures of mice in 1/2", but those were different days and places. But stuffing screen is tough. You might look into stainless Chore Boy scrubbers or similar. In combination with expanding foam - good stuff.

Any idea of what species you are confronting?

It's a lie. There are limits. FWIW, skin one out and do a Euro mount. Even 1/2" will work. I had pastures of mice in 1/2", but those were different days and places. But stuffing screen is tough. You might look into stainless Chore Boy scrubbers or similar. In combination with expanding foam - good stuff.

Any idea of what species you are confronting?
Time to ease up on the eggnog @BrentD

We mostly have house mice.
Okay. Best solution is remove habitat in your garage etc. but if you can figure out where they are getting into anything you don't want them in, you can stuff that full of something - probably. Tractors are pretty hard to seal up. Effin' John Deere...

I grew up on a dairy farm so lots of experience with mice and rats. We had problems with them back then but i dont remember them getting into cabs of trucks and eating through wires. Building nests where you dont want them or filling air filter boxes with stuff, sure.

Okay. Best solution is remove habitat in your garage etc. but if you can figure out where they are getting into anything you don't want them in, you can stuff that full of something - probably. Tractors are pretty hard to seal up. Effin' John Deere...
That abstract was pretty abstract.

Wow….sounds like those mice are some real MFRs out in the hinterlands….kill ‘em all the little rat b@st@rds!

If mice are getting into your garage you need a new door. Or at least a better seal.

I was visiting my in laws a few years back and discovered they had a mice problem. I put out several different methods, on top of a major clean up (food).Glue, water barrel, regular and live traps. Caught a ton. I also put up the electronic ones. I don't know the brand that I used, but it really seemed like the electronic deals helped keep things from coming back.

Just found out where the spots are on the Tacoma to screen. 1/4 hardware cloth or expanded metal.
The vent intake is under the wiper panel next to the windshield. There is a hole they travel thru from the outside next to the fender.
My mechanic said he'd fix the vents and motor.
Same thing with the engine air intake, it needs screening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back