I hate mice..... I mean I want to kill every last one of them

schmalts

well, 3rd time in less than a year I get to spend time chasing down wire problems on my Tundra and fixing what they chewed up. I don't know what else I can do. I tried the peppermint spray, but maybe not often enough? More than likely I will have to pull the upper intake off and fix what they chewed under there. Dash looks like a Xmas tree with all the lights on. Last time it was the knock sensor wires, the time before that it was a headlight relay wire. This soy based wire insulation is the dumbest idea yet

I feel your pain, I’ve had many vehicular issues due to chewed wires, and most recently a tractor fuel line, which I have to pick up from shop tomorrow.

Last spring my blower started making noise. Pulled it and found about a pound and a half of dog food stashed behind the cab filter. Also multiple wires chewed the last couple of years. I feel your pain.

I've had good luck with this. They really like it and will keep going back to it.

I've had good luck with this. They really like it and will keep going back to it.
The thing with bait is that it attracts them. It would be best to put in the guy next door that you don't like's truck

I am not a big fan of house cats but sounds like they could help your situation. Best of luck, TheGrayRider.
Yep, we haven't had a mouse problem in years thanks to Kristie. She disposes of everything except the whiskers which she brings as proof that she did her job. Guess the animal kingdom has its own kind of trophy hunting.

Had a rat a few years ago chew up my main wiring harness and my air conditioner lines on my truck. Called insurance and they covered it no problem. Son finally shot the rat one night

My daughter's car has been in the shop for two weeks. I wasn't listening when she said what the critters chewed up, but the mechanic said he could only find one of them in the whole country and it would take a couple of weeks to get here. Cost is going to be somewhere in the $1300 area but at least insurance is paying and the rental they provided is nicer than her car.

There are electronic devices that will keep them away. There are cheap ones, but also units that are used for car collections. mtmuley

Honda sells a red pepper infused tape to wrap the wires in. My wife's Escape got chewed twice before she tracked it down and bought it.

I keep bait under the back seat of my truck and work vehicle. It gets used. I made bait stations from small icing buckets. The bait is wired to one side. The other side has a 2" hole at the base. You have to check them occasionally to make sure the bait is fixed to the wire if you have pets. Replace before it gets loose.

I also moved the garbage cans and animal feeding well away from the house. I live on several acres back in the woods. Having garbage cans all the way across the yard by the chicken coop may not be applicable to everyone else.

We used to get mice in the house every March until I began to do as above. That has not happened in years now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back