I gotta rant

I wonder what he was charged with. Seems the DA wants to make an example of him. Truly a shame, but you do need to be careful about waving a gun around.

Fight it. But quit packing a pistol, it should never be used as a threat and is only going to cause more problems than it solves
I have no problems with anyone carrying a pistol in their vehicles, but when you start brandishing/flashing them at other drivers for any reason , I say it's a green light for the other party to open fire and unload on the "flasher". Seems like self defense to me, how are they supposed to know its unloaded?

Had this other driver in the Mercedes been a cop either on or off duty, this dude would be having a funeral, not a court date.

I have no problems with anyone carrying a pistol in their vehicles, but when you start brandishing/flashing them at other drivers for any reason , I say it's a green light for the other party to open fire and unload on the "flasher". Seems like self defense to me, how are they supposed to know its unloaded?

Had this other driver in the Mercedes been a cop either on or off duty, this dude would be having a funeral, not a court date.
Had The dude in the Mercedes been a cop??? 😂😂😂🤣 I don’t think he’d of been flashing any signs out the window, even the bird, let alone jump out and approach your vehicle after being obviously aggressive and confrontational.

Let’s be serious, Even if it WERE A COP and he jumped out to confront the other driver, which would be the result of him being mad or worried enough to feel the need to, he WOULD OF AT LEAST HAD A HAND ON HIS GUN. would it have been okay for the cop but not a citizen? Victim shaming going on here

Such a bad scenario no matter the circumstance. Sorry you and your are having to deal, hope all turns for the best.

Had The dude in the Mercedes been a cop??? 😂😂😂🤣 I don’t think he’d of been flashing any signs out the window, even the bird, let alone jump out and approach your vehicle after being obviously aggressive and confrontational.

Let’s be serious, Even if it WERE A COP and he jumped out to confront the other driver, which would be the result of him being mad or worried enough to feel the need to, he WOULD OF AT LEAST HAD A HAND ON HIS GUN. would it have been okay for the cop but not a citizen? Victim shaming going on here
No victim shaming, just my opinion. Flash a gun, expect to be rightfully shot in return.

No victim shaming, just my opinion. Flash a gun, expect to be rightfully shot in return.
I agree. The gang banger maybe only semi-legally (only because he was being the aggressor) could have shot the gentleman with his kids for flashing the gun

That he was prepared to use, if the gang-banger were to pursue his threat any longer to the gentleman in traffic…..

Some of the statements made here are correct, some are not. Some of the questions are valid, some not. Bottom line is that it was a rant, a factual rant, and nothing more. Thanks for letting me have the platform to lay it out.
Let ‘er rip, my dude.

There's too much here we don't know because as was already said there has to be more to this story.
Yes this is a bad situation all around regardless of which state it is.
Unless the guy allegedly "stating to get out of his car" had a firearm of some kind there are no grounds for pulling a weapon. Calling 911 should have been the first thing done.

Last year I purchased a dashcam (Aukey DRO2) for my truck. The reason is to "protect" myself from others in the event I am involved in an accident, some idiot is brake checking, or some other reckless behavior. Your buddy would have been better off with a dashcam as evidence that the other driver was driving recklessly or initiated the sequence of events.

Not that it actually matters at this point. His kids were playing with his phone in the back seat. They dropped the phone at some point during the chase.
They charged him after the fact with brandishing a weapon (guilty). They charged him with child endangerment because of the "loaded weapon with kids in the truck" (not guilty, it wasn't loaded until after the kids were safely in the house). They charged him with driving with an unlocked and loaded weapon in a motor vehicle (not guilty). They charged him with reckless driving, (not guilty). A kicker here is that he answered truthfully instead of asking for a lawyer. He gave permission to search the truck that was legally parked on the street. Had it been parked in the driveway, most of this wouldn't even apply. The bottom line is he was put in a dangerous situation for no fault of his own. He was at fault for flashing , not pointing, the pistol. At the time he figured to warn the guy off after the guy was exiting his vehicle. It's a bad deal that the DA is trying to make it a multi felony arrest. It's also not right that they are threatening major prison time unless he cops a plea. They have him scared shitless that he will loose everything he owes payments on if he does the minimum time and found guilty on all charges. It's not right or just that he can't stand up in a court of law to give his side of the story without being threatened with unjust punishment if found guilty on any of the felony counts. This is a good, responsible guy that the DA is doing his best to ruin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back