" I Dreamed of Africa"...

MTGunner

But, never in my wildest imagination would I have thought that I would be returning for my second trip starting tomorrow AM on to South Africa for a 7 day tour and then a 7 day plains game hunt. I hope to take each of the four springbok species, a Red Hartebeast, blue Wildebeast and a Blesbok. This will compliment my Kudu, Gemsbok, Zebra, Impala and Warthog that I took on our 1st trip. I will post a story, pics with some help, upon our return May 20th. MTG

Good luck.I plan to do a plains game bowhunt there in the next 2-3 years.Its a place I just have to see for myself.Problem is, it will probably get in my blood like elk hunting,and we all know those trips cost a pretty penny

Can't wait to see some of the pics.The animals you got on your first trip is almost exactly what I'm looking to hunt whenever I get there

Five animals with essentially 100% chance of success in RSA or Namibia is cheaper than a guided AZ Elk hunt or a "good" NM land owner tag.....not to mention anything in AK...

Yeah, I know my odds are high for getting those 5 animals.I plan to bowhunt them in Africa.Just have to make sure I have enough "fun" money saved for the taxidermy and shipping.I'm looking into it for summer of 2012 or 2013

GO FOR IT!!
I skipped this year to save money for the ONE I now really want....didn't do any hunting except waterfowl.....but the bucks will be there for May 2012 when I do my Ele hunt in Botswana.....already fired up!!!

After tutalage from my daughter I think the post below will work. I hope! MTG

Last edited:
Great pictures of some very nice animals there MTG! Tom should know since I heard from knowledgeable sources that his second residence when he leaves his Soddy Daisy, TN museum is Afrecer, LOL!!!

Last edited:
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back