Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

I crossed into Canada today - the scoop

F250

I crossed into Quebec today, visited friends, did some shopping and returned home. You must download the ArriveCAN app on your phone or computer. When filling out the require info on the app, you will need to attach a photo of your COVID vaccine record. You will also have to enter your passport, enhanced driver's license or Nexus card number. More questions regarding a place to quarantine, should you be so lucky as to get a random Covid test at the border and test positive (very unlikely) . The Canada Customs Officer wanted to see my Nexus card, and the lab report proving I had taken a molecular test within the past 72 hours and was negative. All the rest of my info was on the screen in from of him showing my ArriveCAN info. The Officers are a bit frustrated as polices and procedures are changing constantly. Some ports of entry are administering the random tests at a drive through tent at the border. That was the case where I crossed, although I was not pulled over for the random test. At other POEs, test kits are handed out, and you have to set up a zoom meeting so the nurse can watch you do the swap and talk you through it. Then, you have to fine a Purolator Courier (think UPS) service center to drop off the swab package for shipping. I talked to some folks who waited on hold for hours trying to get through to a nurse. You can find the list of POEs on line that provide the drive through test. When I returned to the US Customs, it was the usual questions and and required documents.

Lots of hoops to jump through, but WE CAN GO TO CANADA AGAIN !!!

Sounds worth it! I can't wait to get back up there in January for some winter lake trout fishing.

Going to hope things smooth out by the time I get to BC next month

Last edited:
Well come here while it last. We have a federal election of Sept 20th. The next PM might close it down again because of increasing cases and increasing poor relationships with Washington

I heard no wait times for crossing in upstate New York though

I crossed into Quebec today, visited friends, did some shopping and returned home. You must download the ArriveCAN app on your phone or computer. When filling out the require info on the app, you will need to attach a photo of your COVID vaccine record. You will also have to enter your passport, enhanced driver's license or Nexus card number. More questions regarding a place to quarantine, should you be so lucky as to get a random Covid test at the border and test positive (very unlikely) . The Canada Customs Officer wanted to see my Nexus card, and the lab report proving I had taken a molecular test within the past 72 hours and was negative. All the rest of my info was on the screen in from of him showing my ArriveCAN info. The Officers are a bit frustrated as polices and procedures are changing constantly. Some ports of entry are administering the random tests at a drive through tent at the border. That was the case where I crossed, although I was not pulled over for the random test. At other POEs, test kits are handed out, and you have to set up a zoom meeting so the nurse can watch you do the swap and talk you through it. Then, you have to fine a Purolator Courier (think UPS) service center to drop off the swab package for shipping. I talked to some folks who waited on hold for hours trying to get through to a nurse. You can find the list of POEs on line that provide the drive through test. When I returned to the US Customs, it was the usual questions and and required documents.

Lots of hoops to jump through, but WE CAN GO TO CANADA AGAIN !!!
Yes, DO NOT expect to get through to a nurse if you log on to the site after six. They shut down at nine and if you are still in the queue, you're poop out of luck. Best to log in at 6:00 when they open. I did that and already 62 were in line. They now have a hundred nurses working so things may be quicker than two weeks ago. I crossed AGAIN today after AGAIN driving all the way down to Twin Cities for fast turnaround COVID test at VA hospital. Six hours one way. Otherwise I'm waiting three days for appointment and another 2-3 days for results. Circumstances did not allow for that.

Fly. Hell of a lot easier than Canadian requirements and we've had this option available to Canadians since covid began.

That's the plan if the land border doesn't open. Still a lot of a hell easier and cheaper to drive though. I don't mind going through the hoops to get in if the border opens if it means that I don't have to rent a car and sleep in a hotel.

Our house, our rules. At the end of the day, Canada will be fine whether or not you come here. Keep in mind that your country is not allowing Canadians accross the land border for non-essential travel...

@F250 please tell me you had a proper poutine?!?
Remember, it is not OUR COUNTRY doing that.....it is Creepy Joe. IJS

Our house, our rules. At the end of the day, Canada will be fine whether or not you come here. Keep in mind that your country is not allowing Canadians accross the land border for non-essential travel...

@F250 please tell me you had a proper poutine?!?
I have absolutely no problem following the rules the Canadian Government set for me to follow if I want to visit their country. I’m just so damn happy I can go now !!! No Poutine, but I drank too much coffee at Tim Horton’s and had a few Labatt 50s with my friends at their Greek Restaurant 👍🍺

I have crossed the border twice now since it has reopened. Crossing has been pretty easy as long as you have all to proper info in the ArriveCan App. If anyone is looking to go this fall schedule an ID NOW Test at your local Walgreens online. Its free, accepted by Canada and you normally have your results within an hour.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back