PEAX Equipment

I can't believe they can't fill these positions!

56k went a hell of a lot further just a few short years ago.

I get that, but I just don’t think it’s a “low” salary. Perhaps for risking your life at times with loaded firearms, yes. Just seems like a good gig for a young man (or woman) in their 20’s. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I get that, but I just don’t think it’s a “low” salary. Perhaps for risking your life at times with loaded firearms, yes. Just seems like a good gig for a young man (or woman) in their 20’s. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Man idk. That age group has it worse than any if us right now (other than someone retired on a fixed income) Have you seen what rent costs? Or anything else at the moment?

Probably so if they have no school loans, 4 room mates, and don't mind walking or riding a bike to work.

Man idk. That age group has it worse than any if us right now (other than someone retired on a fixed income) Have you seen what rent costs? Or anything else at the moment?
Most of my coworkers that are young are in a terrible place. I was speaking to one and he mentioned how little he had in savings and was basically waiting for some work reimbursements to pay for some very basic living expenses

Probably so if they have no school loans, 4 room mates, and don't mind walking or riding a bike to work.

So able bodied qualified citizens shouldn’t be game wardens and just hold out for a what $80k, $90k or $100k job? Last time I had student loans making any money and making sacrifices like living with family or roommates and driving a vehicle that I didn’t have a note on was a lot better than applying for jobs making no money but hey, things have changed lol.

So able bodied qualified citizens shouldn’t be game wardens and just hold out for a what $80k, $90k or $100k job? Last time I had student loans making any money and making sacrifices like living with family or roommates and driving a vehicle that I didn’t have a note on was a lot better than applying for jobs making no money but hey, things have changed lol.
Two sides to that coin that need fixing imo.

1. Yes it needs to pay more
2. Remove the qualifications to need a bachelor's, how about some paid on the job training.

I'll bet it's mostly just picking up roadkill. If you are a true meateater, that might be a decent benefit.

When single family homes have shot up to the Millions, yeah, things have changed. mtmuley

Are they actually trying to fill the jobs or just saying they are vacant and have no intention to fill them?

Being in the conservation field low paying jobs, weekends, holidays are the norm for several years after graduating. Colleges need to do a better job of preparing students for that reality. Many of my interns have no clue they will have to work weekends, nights and holidays or want to hold out for a job near their hometown and aren’t willing to move. They usually don’t last long.

When single family homes have shot up to the Millions, yeah, things have changed. mtmuley

Lol, I give up. You all can continue to bash this job posting. I salute the individuals that have enough work ethic (or I guess from mosts perspective on here are desperate or dumb enough?) to apply for this peasantry position.

Lol, I give up. You all can continue to bash this job posting. I salute the individuals that have enough work ethic (or I guess from mists perspective on here are desperate or dumb enough?) to apply for this peasantry position.
I didn't bash anything. Being a Game Warden would be a great career. But at that wage, not sustainable unless a single person with no large financial obligations. mtmuley

I get that there is such a thing as an entry level position, but considering how many 4-yr degree graduates have student loans to pay off, MT FWP job would barely cover basic living expenses.
55393052-9235-4FBE-98EF-2D0C33741AF5.jpeg

I work in government where pay has been near stagnant through the inflation bubble. What once were competitive jobs, are now vacancies, and coworkers leaving for jobs at convenience stores, tanning salons, fast food, etc. where they make more $$.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back