Hyphenated Last Names

Just pick one way or the other, I don't care.

But when your last name is Del Monteverde and his last name is Van Schmerhorn for the love god don't make your name Del Monteverde-Van Schmerhorn. Worst fricken email address I had to ever type in...

You've just discovered the real reason for royal incest in Europe from 1420 - 2023.

My wife has no hyphen in her married last name. Here in NM they Latinize the name (Crews like Terry Crews misspelled as Cruz) and ADD a hyphen.

Im sure this thread will launch you right to the forefront for a Talkie Award. The category is self explanatory.
Next up, red shoes. Are red shoes a secret society or maybe a gang? Should I be concerned if my child gets red shoes or has associates who wear them?

Im sure this thread will launch you right to the forefront for a Talkie Award. The category is self explanatory.
I guess next time I'll just put it up in the "a little humor for you day thread" as the only intent behind the post was to provide humor. 15 people provided the "laugh" like, sorry you weren't one of them and it has resulted in your "a-hole" side coming out.

• Haha
Reactions: Hem
We hired a guy with a hyphenated last name. One of my Sgt.’s was so upset, he told me to tell the guy to pick one of the last names to go on his uniform 😂.

For ladies getting married I can understand a few reasons to retain their family name (business, last of the line, husband's name is horrible etc) but find hyphenation unnecessary. My only issues comes with the children. When we were living in England I noticed a very high number of hyphenations among the posh folks. What happens when two such people get married? Do you use all 4 names? If not, how do you prioritize? What do the children do?

It is similar to people naming their children pretentious, unusual and purposely misspelled name.......attention seeking. Do as you wish, but if you do do something ridiculous with your name don't be surprised at reactions.

For ladies getting married I can understand a few reasons to retain their family name (business, last of the line, husband's name is horrible etc) but find hyphenation unnecessary. My only issues comes with the children. When we were living in England I noticed a very high number of hyphenations among the posh folks. What happens when two such people get married? Do you use all 4 names? If not, how do you prioritize? What do the children do?

It is similar to people naming their children pretentious, unusual and purposely misspelled name.......attention seeking. Do as you wish, but if you do do something ridiculous with your name don't be surprised at reactions.

Hyphenated last names are pretty common in Canada. Most provinces have rules about it and they're essentially: "sucks to suck, pick no more than two names and figure it out".

Back