Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Husky mistaken for wolf

Jon.Breitbach

I expect a few other people have seen this story in the news.

Is it possible she could have not had a good look at its head? (The most distinctive part to me)

Sad to see everyone piling on the other posts, none of us were there, didn’t see the same views of the animal. We have all shot a deer / elk we thought was bigger / somehow different after it’s on the ground.

I think it’s the skinning it out, taking a bunch of pictures, posting them online and calling it a husky that’s really stirred the pot more so than just pulling the trigger.

Sad to see everyone piling on the other posts, none of us were there, didn’t see the same views of the animal. We have all shot a deer / elk we thought was bigger / somehow different after it’s on the ground.
Have I seen ground shrinkage? Absolutely. What I haven’t done is shot an entirely different species, skinned it out, took a bunch of pictures with it, posted it to Facebook about smoking the entirely wrong animal.

Is it made worse that it’s a pet, oh ya, but if she had shot a llama (to use another example that has happened) and called it an elk, we would roast her just as much. Or is she was a guy, still roast the hell out of him.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Jon, read the BS excuses she and her boyfriend tried to float after their "mistake" (he was obviously the one taking the photos). She wants us to believe this half grown puppy tried to attack her, but that drama was missing from her initial post. Since there were almost twenty other dogs running around with it, I find it hard to believe she didn't know it was a dog when she shot it.

Exactly… you know ground shrinkage when you walk up to it.. you SHOULD know a domestic animal from a wild one, when you walk up to it….

I expect a few other people have seen this story in the news.

Is it possible she could have not had a good look at its head? (The most distinctive part to me)
Pretty sad deal that happened

Skinning a dog and posting it is over the top, it makes hunters in general look bad (with the help of the media of course). If you ever get an opportunity to shoot a wolf it will probably be a running shot at over 200 yards. They don't offer many shots. Wolves are hated where I live and for very good reason and most hunters would shoot one on sight, season or no season, license or no license and local people here would justify it.
I love dogs and I wouldn't have one that even remotely looks like a wolf for fear it might get shot. But we have to remember that what makes Dogs such great animals is the relationship between man and Dog, both bringing out the best in each other. A wild dog in the woods is low down mean and nasty...not much better than a wolf.

Back