HuntTalk Podcast

How will the podcast be listed? I just subscribed to the Meateater Podcast--- Have been doing searches looking for yours but nothing found yet.

It's not out there yet. Not sure if it will be. We did the pilot for it and I will received a copy this week. Then we will discuss if it has any value.

I have to say again that I am really liking podcasts. I just listened to the first 2 episodes of The Meateater podcast and its pretty darn good so far. Steve is an awesome speaker. I hope the hunt talk podcast or whatever the name ends up being sees the light of day on itunes.

Podcasts are great ways to help with long commutes...the MeatEater, Outdoors International, and Rogan ones are the ones I listen too...I probably listen to 1 out of 10 on the Rogan one...always skipping through the MMA or Comedy guests.

I think you should do this Randy...it's about the last open forum, non filtered type of discussion there is...even forums like this one have their limitations...as we can all see by constant locking of threads due to juvenile behavior.

Dumb question, but how does one go about listening to a podcast?

It depends on how they are published. Most often they are published to iTunes and you have to download a copy of iTunes and then you can locate the podcast and listen while at your computer, or download it to your device for later listening. MeatEater has published them to YouTube also, so if you are going to listen at your computer you can just play it there.

It's not out there yet. Not sure if it will be. We did the pilot for it and I will received a copy this week. Then we will discuss if it has any value.

I think you just have to upload the Pilot episode and see how it fairs. I noticed on the MeatEater one that the first one was called a Pilot...I think your shutting yourself down before you even get out of the gate...I think you will be pretty amazed at the responses you will get. Even with the YouTube videos...nobody is doing that, nobody is explaining things like your explaining things...sure there are some out there that know a lot of those things, but I would say the majority does not and benefits tremendously from your video casts. There is no doubt in my mind!

Even my kids enjoy watching them...because your talking to the audience...your looking at us and talking, it's not a show we are watching. It's definitely more engaging. My 8 year old will be sitting there reading and when your on youtube he looks up because your looking at him and he thinks your talking straight to him...anyways, that's just my observation on the matter...in a nutshell, give yourself more credit, I think you will be well received by the outdoor community...who needs to be humble when you are a hunting legend in the making.

...who needs to be humble when you are a hunting legend in the making.

That's probably what Uncle Ted tells himself every morning.

Just listened to the final cut of the first podcast. Still not sure if I have much value to add to the conversation. Others seem to think it is real good.

Guess I will wait and see what the experts think of it. Then, assess what to do from there.

Podcasting is a viable way to stay in touch with your audience, deliver your message, keep connected to you constituents, etc..

I think with your passion for what you do, and what you believe in it will be incredibly interesting and informative.

Go for it!

A few comments:

1. I listened to my first (and second) ever podcast because of Steven Rinella. Posting it to YouTube or streaming directly is great; I hate logging into Apple anything.

2. To clarify a previous poster's comment about Steve talking about a 200lb wolf: he was being facetious (or is the right term sarcastic?)

3. Do the podcast!!! You may not think you can value past your tv show, but I beg to differ. Potential topics have been covered so I wobt expound on those. But remember this, we love to hunt and TALK about hunting when we're not in the field! Keep at it. I'll be listening.

Emrah

Podcasts save my life while on the road for work. I listen to them on long drives and while I run/workout. I would love to listen to a HuntTalk podcast. Big thumbs up

Any verdicts in on this?

I did want to say that you or those doing the judging of this podcast's potential should keep in mind the perspective that podcasts always get better over time.

Go back and listen to the first versions of the most popular podcasts today- Rogan, Radiolab, Stuff You Should Know, etc - they all sound and have completely different feels from what they are today. I'm sure as time goes on a HuntTalk podcast would improve and find its voice as well. The value would increase.

It would be such a great platform for a message that needs all the platforms it can get.

I'd like to hear your speech at BCHA......maybe you could upload as a podcast.....

Last edited:
I do not listen to podcasts currently, but I would listen to yours.

Possible guests: The Elknut Paul Medel, a politician that is in favor of selling off our public lands, a anti-wolf hunt uhhh person, an anti hunter, the head of a state wildlife agency to talk about licensing and funding issues, someone involved in outdoor youth education, Corey Jacobsen, some interesting folks in conservation orgs, Larry Potterfield (explaining the MidwayUSA Foundation).

I do not listen to podcasts currently, but I would listen to yours.

Possible guests: The Elknut Paul Medel, a politician that is in favor of selling off our public lands, a anti-wolf hunt uhhh person, an anti hunter, the head of a state wildlife agency to talk about licensing and funding issues, someone involved in outdoor youth education, Corey Jacobsen, some interesting folks in conservation orgs, Larry Potterfield (explaining the MidwayUSA Foundation).

Interesting suggestions. Corey is already on the list, if this goes forward. He was notified of that recently and was not given any choice in the matter. His humility is hard to replicate.

I think it will work better with two or three guests, when possible, in addition to myself. I listened to the pilot and still not sure how I feel about it. I gave it to a couple Hunt Talkers for their input. They were very kind to provide some excellent comments.

Tomorrow we are meeting with the folks who would manage this podcast. Hopefully that will give us some clarity of where it is going; maybe in the trash heap.

On with the show

Don't trash the idea. So many guys like me who are just getting started doing this DIY thing would be listening every chance we get to your stuff Randy. You would have an awesome Podcast. Guys like you are cutting light years off the learning curve most seasoned hunters have to go through. Thanks so much!

I saw Jay Scott has a podcast now and I've been listening to it, as well as the Outdoors International, and MeatEater...and Rogan when he has Shockey, Hanes, or Rinella on it...or something else interesting and I don't have to get my tin hat on. I still think this is a great idea...even if it's just an hour talking with any person at all...because it will more then likely turn into something interesting about hunting.

I've been enjoying Rinella's podcast - if only to just listen to a guy who likes hunting as he B.S.'s with his friends, which is what it seems to turn into quite a bit.

I just want to get my hunting fix, and except for Rinella's podcast and the occasional guest on Rogan, the ability to get that fix via audio media is seriously lacking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back