Yeti GOBOX Collection

Hunting Shows & Blaze Orange ?

Trigger50

Am I the only person that has seen several professional and novice hunting shows on youtube lately where the hunters were clearly hunting in a state & season that requires blaze orange clothing but the hunters weren't wearing any blaze orange or not enough ???? Just curious. I'm seeing this alot lately.

Last edited:
It surely happens. I would caution to make sure you know the exact law and setting of the episode being shot.

Sometimes, certain species are exempt. We filmed a CO sheep hunt in 2010 and you do not have to wear orange for sheep in CO, even though you do for elk/deer and maybe some other species. Holy crap, you talk about emails to me and the network. I explained the rules and for some, that wasn't good enough. They went on to tell me that they have a blaze orange requirement in their state and they thought all TV shows should be required to wear orange, no matter the rule. I think I responded to over 20 emails, directly or that were sent to the network.

Point being, make sure you are sure.

I have seen it happen just last year. There was a sheep hunt in the Missouri River Breaks of Montana that was guided. MT regs are very clear that guides are required to wear orange. These two guides never wore orange during the glassing, hunting, or stalking. They did have some orange on in the b-roll segments, which based on lighting and other aspects, I suspect were shot at a different time, probably the next day. On this one, "I'm sure, I'm sure" because they made a big deal of where it was and they even published the story in the magazine this spring telling more details. If an FWP warden was watching that, it would be pretty easy pickens.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back