Hunting season preparations, what did you do today?

Today, I started loading the truck - for departure tomorrow. This is slightly crazy. I'm pretty sure my truck shrunk because this is taking way too much space and I know I always take this stuff.

It occurs to me that if Pleistocene man had to go through this whenever he wanted to go out and kill something for dinner, mammoths and woolly rhinos would still be with us today.

I loaded a tote of hunting gear, complete with a list, loaner cloths- that my brothers will inevitably forget and put rings on a rifle.
Waiting for new optics for said rifle to trade brother for work on my truck. He is waiting on new radiotor for my truck, installed new brake booster, and replaced the fluids.. We are both waiting on a new headache rack for my truck which will have winch mounted.
Opening is Saturday.

Moved the dozer next to the barn, put the rear blade on the tractor and filled up the diesel tank. May not need it but the chances of disrupting hunting are diminished if I am prepared for the worst. I can clear snow in the dark.

Shot my rifle a few more times today. Got most of the non-perishable food and supplies packed in totes.

Replaced the storm door on the chicken coop that was damaged during Tropical Storm Beta. Dang thing made it through a full blown hurricane a month before and then succumbs to a tropical storm...

I got a permission slip signed for my friend so he could join me for the VA muzzleloader Opener tomorrow. I bow hunted after seeing the landowner and saw a doe and two turkeys. Full moon, frosty night, and the rain clouds have moved out. We ought to have work tomorrow.

Just started the auto reply on my company email. Will wake up tomorrow 3 hours out from being in the area we are hunting. Finally...

Today, I started loading the truck - for departure tomorrow. This is slightly crazy. I'm pretty sure my truck shrunk because this is taking way too much space and I know I always take this stuff.

It occurs to me that if Pleistocene man had to go through this whenever he wanted to go out and kill something for dinner, mammoths and woolly rhinos would still be with us today.
Just let me know if you want me to marie kondo your hunting camp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back