Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Hunting for myself in the high Montana sagebrush

Ben Lamb

I've been a fan of Sarah Keller's work for a while. She is one of the better writers out there covering natural resource issues and hunting for a very unique perspective. It's a pretty raw piece of writing, but I think it's worth spending 10 minutes on.

Pieces like that are why I maintain my HCN subscription...

I didn't know PH were the fastest land animal... "Their 80 mph speeds helped them outrun now-extinct predators, such as the American cheetah" :unsure:

Last edited:
Not quite the drama I expected Ben but certainly a cogent well written message.

That title definitely caught my attention. I've got a half written book entitled "Getting Lost to Find Myself" that chronicles how the woods has always been the place I go to in order to escape the things in life that I don't want to deal with. Not sure I'll ever finish it or do anything with it if I do - it's simply been good therapy for me to work on it. I can definitely relate to a lot of the emotional aspects of the article. Thanks for sharing @Ben Lamb.

Good article, thanks for sharing. Encouraging to see that persons in very small minorities can enjoy hunting and also identify with rural hunting culture in their own unique way.

Pieces like that are why I maintain my HCN subscription...

I didn't know PH were the fastest land animal... "Their 80 mph speeds helped them outrun now-extinct predators, such as the American cheetah" :unsure:
Hey neffa3, I'm the author and found this post while grabbing a link to my story. 1) glad it sounds like you enjoyed it 2) The 80 mph was an unfortunate typo that went to print :/. So jumping in to correct the record. It's closer to 60 and we fixed it in the online piece.

I've been a fan of Sarah Keller's work for a while. She is one of the better writers out there covering natural resource issues and hunting for a very unique perspective. It's a pretty raw piece of writing, but I think it's worth spending 10 minutes on.

Hi Ben, I've been a Hunt Talk lurker for some time and found this post by accident. I got on here to clarify a fact, but in the meantime wanted to thank you for sharing my essay with a wider hunting audience, and for the accolades!

Very good read, and well-written. I love to see unique paths through life being brought together on the same journey of self-discovery that hunting draws out of everyone. Welcome @ S_J ! Looking forward to more of your adventures.

Hi Ben, I've been a Hunt Talk lurker for some time and found this post by accident. I got on here to clarify a fact, but in the meantime wanted to thank you for sharing my essay with a wider hunting audience, and for the accolades!

Sarah,

Apologies for missing this. Please keep writing such incredible content. It is well appreciated!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back