Caribou Gear

Hunt Talk Members... Please Help!

Very nice website and a good name. But, again, it appears to be just another organization requiring financial support to advocate for and protect Montana's hunting and angling legacy.

It begs the question: Why a new organization to support Montana hunting, angling, Rocky Mountain Front, sportsmen's issues, etc. when there are already viable and successful organizations doing just that??? What is different about this group?

Will this diminish support for Friends of the Rocky Mountain Front, Public Lands / Water Access Assn., MWF, RMEF, Montana Sportsmen Alliance, and all those efforts with more specific conservation and protection goals already achieving success?

This is a joint effort between MWF and Backcountry Hunters and Anglers. It is not a new organization. It does not take away from the work that those groups (and others) are engaged in, but helps highlight it in a new media form. These guys are already out there advocating, but much like recruiting new hunters, the goal is to recruit new advocates.

The difference is that we're reaching out to a new audience. Groups have a tendency to preach to the choir, and we wanted to shake that up, and try some new approaches to engaging people in advocacy.

This effort is primarily focused on the Rocky Mountain Front Heritage Act, but as you can see, covers a lot more ground in terms of other issues going on in MT.

Okay, Ben, if you say so. I do wish you success in this worthy effort, but don't yet see how this reaches a "different" audience. "New media form" is what? All of the aforementioned organizations have great, easily accessed websites.

You may call it a "campaign", an effort, a cause, a petition or whatever ... but to support a website, give out Sitka prizes, and perpetuate hunting & angling by a group requires financial support that somehow splits the already limited sportsmen dollar at the end of the day.

If it were truly just a campaign why would the web heading be "Who We Are" ?

Granted, I'm just another old fogy with limited resources (time, energy, & money) already strapped to adequately support the worthy sportsmen organizations in which I trust. Whenever a "new" one emerges seeking my attention and/or resources, my skepticism kicks in and highlights the question, "Why?"

Arrow, I get that.

The website clearly states that this is a campaign, not a new org. We wanted to be sure that we didn't call for donations, etc. And to that end, there is no donate button.

This is an educational campaign, not a fundraising one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back