PEAX Equipment

Hunt pack H20 Resovoir?

WyOpitz

I just got my new Eberlestock X2 pack from Cabelas! It is awesome and I can't wait to fill it up this fall. I want to put a water resovoir in it and I am wondering if any of you guys have any recommendations. Eberlestock has one on their website made by Source, available in 2 & 3 liters. Camelbak also makes a good product and is well known for their quality water resovoirs. I am not sure which product to go with. Do any of you guys have a preference? or maybe I should stick to a resovoir made for the Eberlestock?

I think the Eberlestock website said only the 2L bladders fit the X2. Out of curiosity I picked this pack up last week, but took it back because of the creaking issue that's being discussed in the other thread on here. Has this been fixed, or do you find it not being that big of an issue to you? I know there is a fix for it, but for the money I don't think we should be jerry rigging a brand new piece of gear as soon as you get. it.

I use the 100oz camelbak in my cabela's daypack and it works great, easy to clean with the wide mouth as well.

I just picked up a 3L platypus big zip. I have only used it one day, but it worked great so far. It seems very durable and it got the best reviews on the sites I looked at. REI has the dimensions listed on their website, so you can measure your pack and see which ones will fit.

Use a 3L camelbak....in any case, be sure you get the nylon sleeve so the line does not freeze, or tuck your line in the pack!

Well, I think I will probably pick up a Camelbak. At least if I have to replace anything, Camelbak has a variety of accessories and replacement parts.

To answer Brentster's question, I haven't noticed any creaking, but I haven't had it loaded up too heavy yet. I hope this doesn't become an issue. My neighbor has had his for a while and hasn't had any issues with it so far.

Thanks again guys for all of your help!
17 days 4 hours until Wyoming rifle deer season!!! Can't wait!!

I like the Cabela's brand with the open top. The 3 L will fit in the X2 but there isn't much room for anything in the other pockets of the wing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back